uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bob Anderson

join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to loosedobbs

Re: Kelowna, B.C., dubious winner as drunk-driving capital of Ca

The last time I drove under the influence was 1979. It was about 3 AM and as I drove through an intersection in downtown Ottawa I realized that I didn't know what the colour of the light was. I vowed then and there to never drive under the influence again and to become a better driver. Lucky for me there were no other cars at that intersection. Sometimes when I meet friends for lunch at a place I have to drive to I limit myself to one mug of beer over the lunch period of about 90 minutes. But I don't even do that anymore. I and all my friends only walk to local bars and restaurants or drink at someones local house. Because of the rip off prices of booze in bars and restaurants hardly anyone I know will buy booze in these places anymore. Buying your own and drinking at home or a friends place is about one quarter of the cost of buying booze in a bar.

-Bob

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:2
"I love driving late at night, it sobers me up" - Rodney Dangerfield...

"My doctor told me to watch my drinking. Now I drink in front of a mirror." -Rodney Dangerfield

"My dad was the town drunk. Usually that's not so bad, but New York City? " - Henny Youngman

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:2
reply to Bob Anderson
"I love driving late at night, it sobers me up" - Rodney Dangerfield...

"My doctor told me to watch my drinking. Now I drink in front of a mirror." -Rodney Dangerfield

"My dad was the town drunk. Usually that's not so bad, but New York City? " - Henny Youngman

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W. C. Fields