spc
Search similar:

uniqs
amjsolstice
join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON

amjsolstice

Teksavvy - Actually Unlimited?

I have been considering a switch to Teksavvy due to some issues I've had with my current ISP. I don't want to muddy the other company's name because that's not my thing, but I DO want to find out some info.

I see Teksavvy has a 25gb / 300gb / Unlimited options on their website. My main question is : IS Teksavvy's Unlimited tier ACTUALLY unlimited? I'd heard reports that even on unlimited you get throttled after a certain GB download 'soft cap'.

Also, is there any specific restriction on their home phone service? i.e, were I to go with Acanac phone, they (weirdly) have a strange limit of 100 unique phone numbers called/received per month. Is there something similar with Teksavvy phone?

I really want to turf Bell (they're my home phone provider, NOT my ISP) because... well, it's Bell.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Unlimited is actually unlimited.
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to amjsolstice

Premium Member

to amjsolstice
Teksavvy really means it when they say it, but, you can say as much for a couple of other of the smaller ISPs too.

Some of them really mean unlimited when they say it.
amjsolstice
join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON

amjsolstice

Curious if any of their current customers can tell me what their tech support is like.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

I've hardly had to use them. When I do I find them to be competent, friendly and efficient. I also feel like I am talking with a person rather than with someone who is tied to script. They also have the direct private support page attached to their forum on this site which is always nice if you have a question and don't want to pick up the phone.

There have been complaints about wait times but they are usually tied to September with students moving in and etc. The time 3 times I phoned in over several years the wait was under 30 seconds.
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to amjsolstice

Premium Member

to amjsolstice
said by amjsolstice:

Curious if any of their current customers can tell me what their tech support is like.

Weeeeeeell if you look on the Teksavvy forum of course you can find people that think they are dreadful.

But me, well I have not experienced any issues. I have had need to make a few calls in the past, they were handled acceptably.

I have not had the misfortune of deciding to live in the wrongest location possible, or wanting to expect the most perfect performance imaginable.

But after several years, I am still here.

Now it is possible I might relocate to a new operation in the near future, but, it certainly won't be about issues with Tech Support.

If you want lousy tech support examples well you can always try pretending you like dealing with Bell Canada and their concept of support (totally without a doubt the worst crap in the industry).
Who7
join:2012-12-18

Who7

I'm a huge critic of TSI based on their troll roll over, however, on speed and service, they are pretty good. I'm getting more speed then they advertise.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to amjsolstice

to amjsolstice
Agreed Teksavvys Speed is good - Though Currently Congested on Dsl in the prime time evenings, Support is great Like who I have a Beef with the Rollover occuring and also with the pricing being Uncompetitive. Other than That great isp

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to amjsolstice

Premium Member

to amjsolstice
I only had to use it twice in 3 years.

Once, I had to call them because Bell screwed around and disconnected us for some reason. They got it fixed pretty quick.

A second time was on the forums, I had to ask them to give me a speed adjustment because Bell, after reconnecting me in the above screw up, decided to set my profile to 3 Mbps... they also fixed this pretty quick.

And yeah, unlimited is really unlimited, no soft caps or cut offs.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

every time i've called TSI support, my wait time is over 30 minutes. Getting through sales/whatever else is pretty fast.
komi
join:2011-07-08
North York, ON

komi

Few days ago I called:
- TD because my Visa card was broken-waiting time=25 min;
- Rogers to activate a new HD box-waiting time=20 min;
- Bell to cancel home phone- waiting time=35 min
- and so on.
At least with Teksavvy you have Direct Forum

tristen1230
join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

tristen1230 to amjsolstice

to amjsolstice
Yes 100% Unlimited.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

Better watch out the new switch to APOI may increase costs on them and they might cut unlimited from their choices on the internet plans...
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Sukunai

to Sukunai
said by Sukunai:

said by amjsolstice:

Weeeeeeell if you look on the Teksavvy forum of course you can find people that think they are dreadful.

But me, well I have not experienced any issues. I have had need to make a few calls in the past, they were handled acceptably.

I have not had the misfortune of deciding to live in the wrongest location possible, or wanting to expect the most perfect performance imaginable.

But after several years, I am still here.

Now it is possible I might relocate to a new operation in the near future, but, it certainly won't be about issues with Tech Support.

If you want lousy tech support examples well you can always try pretending you like dealing with Bell Canada and their concept of support (totally without a doubt the worst crap in the industry).

in 5 years ive had 1 downtime not attributed to there scheduled stuff and it lasted oh 2 seconds LOL

the times ive called they were fast and helpful.
then i havent needed to call much now have I?
funny0

funny0 to Who7

to Who7
said by Who7:

I'm a huge critic of TSI based on their troll roll over, however, on speed and service, they are pretty good. I'm getting more speed then they advertise.

and are you with TSI ? makes me wonder? all the rest of us show a teksavvy bit next to our nicks , yours dont and there is a reaosn your using a non tsi internet isnt there? THIS NEEDS to be investigated as slander and defamation of character is a crime...
while critical it has its purpose to what and why they did what they did at least.
funny0

funny0 to MJB33

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

Better watch out the new switch to APOI may increase costs on them and they might cut unlimited from their choices on the internet plans...

FUD
just keep on with the FUD, now we have another user that has no teksavvy under his nick meaning he is either purposely not logging in via teksavvy and is from some other isp and wishes to hide his true self , OR is some other type of shill hiding his activities.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by funny0:

all the rest of us show a teksavvy bit next to our nicks

said by funny0:

now we have another user that has no teksavvy under his nick

You don't have it under yours, either. Only anon posts have that.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33 to amjsolstice

to amjsolstice
Oh I totally Understand.

ISP - ACN DSL

I standing up for internet rights. Canadian ranks 39th in the world for it's internet access. It's terrible that we let bell and rogers bully us around for something that costs nothing to transfer from web servers. Do they own Internet! Certainly not. Companies like Google have the database's that own the data. They are just a middle man trying to protect their cable TV profits. The internet eating away at their market share of Cable TV. Plus you can only watch one episode of a TV show like Corner Gas on TV per day or Two. While the internet gives us the ability to download every tv show or movie or game that we want.

BTW I hope we get google fiber in the future. If possible...
rotan
join:2010-10-06

rotan

Service has been good up until just over a week ago. I have the 25/300 plan but after 6PM I am experiencing a ton of lost packets and speeds of under 1MBPS with their cable.

I contacted support and explained everything, we did tests and everything looked okay. So I was told to run the same tests when the issue happened at night.

Same thing again, gave them my report - didn't hear from them for a day so I called again. They didn't have a record of my ticket though I had it in an email from them. Support wrote up a new ticket and also did a few tests to see what I was experiencing. I asked for the new ticket number and he said it would be automatically emailed to me - never happened. Going to call them again and see if my ticket is actually there.

I was told it would be another 24/48 hours before I would hear from someone on my issue. I'm really getting pissed off, it's been over a week with crappy internet every night. I run my business from home and I can't have this issue trickling into the day time. I'm giving them until the end of the week before I jump ship.

Until this point it's been good, but I can't have half-assed service half the day.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to amjsolstice

Premium Member

to amjsolstice
TekSavvy Unlimited is 100% Legit and Unlimited...

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by TSI Andre:

TekSavvy Unlimited is 100% Legit and Unlimited...

Polar opposites.

Rogers penchant for customer ABUSE is 100% UNLIMITED also. Check out these Massive new price hikes that came into effect today: »www.rogers.com/web/Roger ··· _HISPEED
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to bt

to bt
said by bt:

said by funny0:

said by funny0:

i'm anon cause ive asked for it cause a bell tech tried to mess with me ( i understand in the end he got fired )want the whole damn story again where i almost died directly due to BCE negligence?

i'll come right out as me whom i am and ill sue you for slander and defamation of character then add BCE for what they owe me and the same and pain and suffering up to 25000 per case

Thats what BCE TAUGHT ME....MY DAMN RIGHTS.
I don't care i'm not downloading anything....i'm logged in and i've been also pestered by the mods here to the point i made the point above...funny how that teksavvy thing don't show you're right but i think it's more cause people know i been through the damn ringer cause of the jerks like BCE and the odd mod.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Andre to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
Our pricing has been pretty stable... And we are still able to sustain unlimited...

Although, Rogers does sometimes have an increased cost with Techs on payroll and stuff.
Expand your moderator at work
The_Hatta
join:2011-08-16
canada

The_Hatta to jmck

to jmck

Re: Teksavvy - Actually Unlimited?

Every time I call rogers the wait time is over 45 minutes.... I'd rather have Teksavvy's wait time....

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by The_Hatta:

Every time I call rogers the wait time is over 45 minutes.... I'd rather have Teksavvy's wait time....

When I was with Rogers I never had a wait time over 10 minutes, it was usually only around 2-5 minutes.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy to funny0

to funny0
said by funny0:

said by bt:

said by funny0:

said by funny0:

i'm anon cause ive asked for it cause a bell tech tried to mess with me ( i understand in the end he got fired )want the whole damn story again where i almost died directly due to BCE negligence?

i'll come right out as me whom i am and ill sue you for slander and defamation of character then add BCE for what they owe me and the same and pain and suffering up to 25000 per case

Thats what BCE TAUGHT ME....MY DAMN RIGHTS.
I don't care i'm not downloading anything....i'm logged in and i've been also pestered by the mods here to the point i made the point above...funny how that teksavvy thing don't show you're right but i think it's more cause people know i been through the damn ringer cause of the jerks like BCE and the odd mod.

You're going to sue a guy for saying this:
quote:

If you can't take a simple one liner like this without going into twitches and covulsions, no offense, but it's time to step away from the computer and put down that coffee. You definitely have no business being on any kind of forum.

His comment was simply stating the obvious. You need to relax.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to amjsolstice

to amjsolstice
If you're calling teksavvy or bell for support, you're doing it wrong. The direct forums for these companies are better.