Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amjsolstice

join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON
reply to amjsolstice

Re: Teksavvy - Actually Unlimited?

Curious if any of their current customers can tell me what their tech support is like.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
I've hardly had to use them. When I do I find them to be competent, friendly and efficient. I also feel like I am talking with a person rather than with someone who is tied to script. They also have the direct private support page attached to their forum on this site which is always nice if you have a question and don't want to pick up the phone.

There have been complaints about wait times but they are usually tied to September with students moving in and etc. The time 3 times I phoned in over several years the wait was under 30 seconds.

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to amjsolstice
said by amjsolstice:

Curious if any of their current customers can tell me what their tech support is like.

Weeeeeeell if you look on the Teksavvy forum of course you can find people that think they are dreadful.

But me, well I have not experienced any issues. I have had need to make a few calls in the past, they were handled acceptably.

I have not had the misfortune of deciding to live in the wrongest location possible, or wanting to expect the most perfect performance imaginable.

But after several years, I am still here.

Now it is possible I might relocate to a new operation in the near future, but, it certainly won't be about issues with Tech Support.

If you want lousy tech support examples well you can always try pretending you like dealing with Bell Canada and their concept of support (totally without a doubt the worst crap in the industry).

Who7

join:2012-12-18
I'm a huge critic of TSI based on their troll roll over, however, on speed and service, they are pretty good. I'm getting more speed then they advertise.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to amjsolstice
I only had to use it twice in 3 years.

Once, I had to call them because Bell screwed around and disconnected us for some reason. They got it fixed pretty quick.

A second time was on the forums, I had to ask them to give me a speed adjustment because Bell, after reconnecting me in the above screw up, decided to set my profile to 3 Mbps... they also fixed this pretty quick.

And yeah, unlimited is really unlimited, no soft caps or cut offs.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
every time i've called TSI support, my wait time is over 30 minutes. Getting through sales/whatever else is pretty fast.

komi

join:2011-07-08
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
Few days ago I called:
- TD because my Visa card was broken-waiting time=25 min;
- Rogers to activate a new HD box-waiting time=20 min;
- Bell to cancel home phone- waiting time=35 min
- and so on.
At least with Teksavvy you have Direct Forum

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Sukunai
said by Sukunai:

said by amjsolstice:

Weeeeeeell if you look on the Teksavvy forum of course you can find people that think they are dreadful.

But me, well I have not experienced any issues. I have had need to make a few calls in the past, they were handled acceptably.

I have not had the misfortune of deciding to live in the wrongest location possible, or wanting to expect the most perfect performance imaginable.

But after several years, I am still here.

Now it is possible I might relocate to a new operation in the near future, but, it certainly won't be about issues with Tech Support.

If you want lousy tech support examples well you can always try pretending you like dealing with Bell Canada and their concept of support (totally without a doubt the worst crap in the industry).

in 5 years ive had 1 downtime not attributed to there scheduled stuff and it lasted oh 2 seconds LOL

the times ive called they were fast and helpful.
then i havent needed to call much now have I?

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Who7
said by Who7:

I'm a huge critic of TSI based on their troll roll over, however, on speed and service, they are pretty good. I'm getting more speed then they advertise.

and are you with TSI ? makes me wonder? all the rest of us show a teksavvy bit next to our nicks , yours dont and there is a reaosn your using a non tsi internet isnt there? THIS NEEDS to be investigated as slander and defamation of character is a crime...
while critical it has its purpose to what and why they did what they did at least.

The_Hatta

join:2011-08-16
canada
reply to jmck
Every time I call rogers the wait time is over 45 minutes.... I'd rather have Teksavvy's wait time....

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by The_Hatta:

Every time I call rogers the wait time is over 45 minutes.... I'd rather have Teksavvy's wait time....

When I was with Rogers I never had a wait time over 10 minutes, it was usually only around 2-5 minutes.