spc
Search similar:

uniqs
redskydawn
join:2003-12-02
Grove, OK

redskydawn

Delete sbcglobal.net email account

I use ATT DSL. I have a sbcglobal.net email account that I do not use. I use gmail instead. Can I delete the sbcglobal.net account without creating problems? The sbcglobal account just collects spam and is available for hacking simply because it exists. Yes...I suffer from OCD

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

You are aware that AT&T sends service change notices to that 'sbcglobal.net' email account?

You don't have to get rid of it; I know a couple of folks who never use theirs.

But when AT&T updates the AUP/ToS, don't whine about not being notified of the update. A lot of people missed the SBC announcement of port 25 blocking because they never looked at their email.
redskydawn
join:2003-12-02
Grove, OK

redskydawn

I do believe I receive said notices at my gmail (as well as my billing notices). Of course I could be mistaken Thanks for your response. All thoughts appreciated...not wanting to do anything stupid.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

AT&T wouldn't know to send to a 'gmail.com' account. A user can configure either a "push" (forward from AT&T/Yahoo! account to Gmail account), or a "pull" (Gmail account POP from AT&T/Yahoo! account). Either method gets email addressed to '@sbcglobal.net' into the Gmail account mailbox.