Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

digital808

join:2007-07-28
Mililani, HI

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Re: Oceanic Cable and SBG 6580 Wireless Settings

I've never had an issue with the 6580. I dont use the wireless myself, but i was just curious why it was locked. I just bridge the modem and run off my Airport Extreme. I didnt know oceanic offered the 6141. Maybe i might inquire about that modem since i dont the wireless feature!

Turbo, Extreme users also qualify for no additional fee. Just need to call and ask to add the wireless feature on the account

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
No, Turbo does not qualify. I was told that I had to pay $4 a month more if I wanted wireless on it turned on and they brought this to my home when I upgraded to 20/2.

The ONLY modems given out currently by Oceanic here on the Big Island are the 6580 and 6141 if you subscribe to 20/2 and above tiers. Standard tier and value tier still get DOCSIS 2 modems I think. If you have Oceanic phone also then you need two modems if you have 20/2 and above. This could have changed recently though as Oceanic was testing an all in one (phone and internet) DOCSIS 3 modem. Tests showed problems and I don't know if that has been worked out yet or not.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson