Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: [POLL] Do you use Java; disable it; or uninstall it ?

said by FFH5:

»www.reuters.com/article/ ··· 20130112

Java was responsible for 50 percent of all cyber attacks last year in which hackers broke into computers by exploiting software bugs, according to Kaspersky. That was followed by Adobe Reader, which was involved in 28 percent of all incidents. ...

Fascinating... eliminating both Java and Adobe Reader would of itself have effectively eliminated 78% of hacker break-ins last year, by Kaspersky's stats. There's something sobering about that...

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

said by FFH5:

»www.reuters.com/article/ ··· 20130112

Java was responsible for 50 percent of all cyber attacks last year in which hackers broke into computers by exploiting software bugs, according to Kaspersky. That was followed by Adobe Reader, which was involved in 28 percent of all incidents. ...

Fascinating... eliminating both Java and Adobe Reader would of itself have effectively eliminated 78% of hacker break-ins last year, by Kaspersky's stats. There's something sobering about that...

That is why I always disable the Adobe PDF plug-in in my browsers. My default PDF action is "save as a file". I also disable all scripting and external application launch capabilities in the Adobe PDF reader.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

That is why I always disable the Adobe PDF plug-in in my browsers. My default PDF action is "save as a file".

Yup

»'Better than Adobe' Foxit PDF plugin hit by worse-than-Adobe