Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to loosedobbs

Re: Kelowna, B.C., dubious winner as drunk-driving capital of Ca

I'm pleased to see that Ottawa is a the bottom of the chart, according to this cbc.ca article on the Statscan numbers. I wonder if it has to do with now having TWO Operation Red Nose teams in operation in December (one for each side of the river) and the growing popularity of both services like Responsible Choice (commercial service like ORN) and towing companies that will take your car home for you for slightly more than a cab fare.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by Kardinal:

I'm pleased to see that Ottawa is a the bottom of the chart, according to this cbc.ca article on the Statscan numbers. I wonder if it has to do with now having TWO Operation Red Nose teams in operation in December (one for each side of the river) and the growing popularity of both services like Responsible Choice (commercial service like ORN) and towing companies that will take your car home for you for slightly more than a cab fare.

Responsible Choice is probably the predominant factor. There are a percentage of people who will drive regardless of the penalty or whether there is a ride check simply because they need their vehicle in the morning.

Here in the Peterborough city and county the OPP will pull people over indiscriminately if you are out driving in the evening or night whether you are displaying any signs of impairment or not.

There is a comparable company to Responsible Choice here that has driven thousands of people home and no doubt kept our numbers here low as well.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by peterboro:

There are a percentage of people who will drive regardless of the penalty or whether there is a ride check simply because they need their vehicle in the morning.

There are services here that will not only drive you home, but drive your car home so you have it in the morning, too.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

There are a percentage of people who will drive regardless of the penalty or whether there is a ride check simply because they need their vehicle in the morning.

There are services here that will not only drive you home, but drive your car home so you have it in the morning, too.

That's what ORN, Responsible Choice and towing companies are doing: take driver and car home. The latter two are 'for profit', but the cost is less than two taxi fares (ie/ home and back to get the car the next day).
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Which is what we are discussing by way of Responsible Choice and the comparable company in Peterborough.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by peterboro:

Which is what we are discussing by way of Responsible Choice and the comparable company in Peterborough.

You alluded to people not using these services because they needed their car, which wouldn't happen if they also transported your car for you.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

You alluded to people not using these services because they needed their car, which wouldn't happen if they also transported your car for you.

No, I stated.

"Responsible Choice is probably the predominant factor. There are a percentage of people who will drive regardless of the penalty or whether there is a ride check simply because they need their vehicle in the morning."

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by peterboro:

"Responsible Choice is probably the predominant factor. There are a percentage of people who will drive regardless of the penalty or whether there is a ride check simply because they need their vehicle in the morning."

I read what you said, there's no need to repeat. The groups that I were referring to take you and your car home the same night. In other words, you have your car in the morning.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

I read what you said, there's no need to repeat. The groups that I were referring to take you and your car home the same night. In other words, you have your car in the morning.

It seems I have to as Responsible Choice and the comparable company in Peterborough I was referring to take you and your car home the same night.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I'm pleased to see that Ottawa is a the bottom of the chart, according to this cbc.ca article on the Statscan numbers.

Yeah but that's only because you were out of time for a month and when you were home you rode the bike.... LOL...

Just joking with ya'...

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to peterboro

So then why would needing their car in the morning be an issue?

I was going to comment about educating people on the availability of these services if they didn't know they exist, but I figured that much was a given. Guess not.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

said by Gone:

So then why would needing their car in the morning be an issue?

It goes to their motivation.

said by Gone:

I was going to comment about educating people on the availability of these services if they didn't know they exist, but I figured that much was a given. Guess not.

Although well intended, as it was brought up in two previous posts, your input was superfluous.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I'm pleased to see that Ottawa is a the bottom of the chart, according to this cbc.ca article on the Statscan numbers. I wonder if it has to do with . . . .

Margaret Trudeau moved away from Ottawa. . . . just saying.