HA Nut
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
USA

HA Nut to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768

Re: Feds warn PC users to disable Java

I find this warning strangely funny. I work in an industry that REQUIRES federal reporting and the only way to report is via an online Java application...
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

quote:
I find this warning strangely funny. I work in an industry that REQUIRES federal reporting and the only way to report is via an online Java application...
Yes and alot of ppl do!!!

Why is HOMELAND SECURITY telling ppl this INSTEAD OF SUN? (Oracle) -- I think there IS an agenda here!! (To get compromised versions of Java on ppls computer so they have a backdoor way in!!)

NO ONE SHOULD DO ANYTHING!!!!

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

quote:
Yes and alot of ppl do!!!

Why is HOMELAND SECURITY telling ppl this INSTEAD OF SUN? (Oracle) -- I think there IS an agenda here!! (To get compromised versions of Java on ppls computer so they have a backdoor way in!!)

NO ONE SHOULD DO ANYTHING!!!!

Because Oracle (there is no more Sun..they were bought by Oracle) did NOTHING for months and months while a known exploit was out in the wild. Doing nothing is irresponsible advice. You ready to pay for all the damage that advice might cause? I didn't think so.