how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: New benchmarks for th 8350 and 3570k/3770k. Weird results.

Ether that or swapped out the cpu and mobo, possibly ram too. Ether way, just why would one do that?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

He's cutting corners, I guess.

I could see pulling out the GPU, as that would make no difference, but he shouldn't be moving the SSD between systems--I'm surprised the OS install even worked and didn't detect new hardware and shut down and ask for a new license key.

If he is going to cut corners, he has no business making claims or publishing benchmarks. The goal is in testing is to remove as many variables as possible. That usually means a fully-functioning, fully-patched system running the latest stable version of drivers.

Shifting hardware around like that only increases the entropy he's introducing into his systems.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

If he wasn't using a legit copy of windows 7 it may not have asked him for new key.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

That's speculation at this point. I'll just mark these results as "suspect" and move along.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

I'm not trying to say he was, I'm just saying that some cracked copies don't ask.