how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jcubson

join:2013-01-12
White Plains, NY

CAn't get my Canon MP560 scanner to connect

I recently bought a new Airport Extreme for my iMac operating on system 10.6.8, The old Airport no longer could work with my DSL Modem. With the new Airport, I had to create a new Network. Now when I use my computer and try to use my scanner, the computer can't find the scanner. With Apple Support, i went in to Airport utilities and changed wireless security to WAP/WAP2 Personal and it still doesn't work. Then I hooked the scanner directly to my IMac with a USB 2.0 cable. Computer still can't find the scanner.
Help!

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

This sounds more like a hardware failure issue than a networking issue. Does the Canon have an option to reset to Factory Defaults? If it won't work connected with a USB cable, that usually means it is time to replace it.

jcubson

White Plains, NY

Thanks, Bill. How do I find out about the option to reset to Factory Defaults? Makes sense to do that.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

If it has the option, it would probably be located somewhere in the setup menus accessible from the front panel of the device. I would try that first, but I think you will end up replacing it with a new unit.

jcubson

White Plains, NY

Oh man, I'm close. I went to the front panel and the scanner 'sees' my airport extreme with the correct network name on it! It then asks me for the 'passphrase.' I entered what is the password for the Airport Extreme, but the scanner came back with failure. I think I'm just not giving it the right info. what other info could it be, before I throw this thing away?

jcubson

White Plains, NY

YES! I typed in the password again, this time lowercase.didn't realize it was upper case. and it works. Thanks for your help. I wouldn't have been able to fix this if you hadn't mentioned the front panel access. Excellent. Thank you.