uniqs
« Just encourages piracy..
This is a sub-selection from Vicious circle

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to Kamus

to Kamus

Re: Vicious circle

Yea, you should ignore it because its against the laws, BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL. Just like you have cars that can surpass the speed limit. You want to take a chance and speed, go right ahead.

If the copyright holders want to make their product available via the net, Netflix, Itunes, IPTV providers , etc, Thats their prerogative. Its unlawful, and it should be immoral as well to just TAKE whatever the hell you want.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

And if the copyright holders do not want to make their stuff available online they deserve to suffer the piracy.

The simple fact is HBO could offer HBO Go without tethering it to an existing cable subscription, They do it overseas already. Lots of people would be willing to pay the mere $15 a month for HBO content, After all if they have cable they would be paying about that extra to get HBO anyway. IF they can do it outside the US there is no reason in any form of logic preventing them from doing it inside the US as well.

If I where an investor I would be asking why they are avoiding that revenue stream.
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

Kamus to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

Yea, you should ignore it because its against the laws, BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL. Just like you have cars that can surpass the speed limit. You want to take a chance and speed, go right ahead.

If the copyright holders want to make their product available via the net, Netflix, Itunes, IPTV providers , etc, Thats their prerogative. Its unlawful, and it should be immoral as well to just TAKE whatever the hell you want.

*yawn*
Are you really using the speed limit as an analogy?
I guarantee you that EVERYONE here has gone over the speed limit more than once, that's just for starters.
Never mind the fact that reckless driving endangers people's lives.

I don't believe you are that dense that you don't get it, but here it is in caps so you don't miss it:

SOMETHING BETTER CAME ALONG.

And the analogy i posted is a damn good one. Because this is simply history repeating itself, and guess what?
Rail roads won in the end.
This is exactly the same thing happening, except this time we're not talking about transportation of goods. But instead information abundance versus scarcity.
And it doesn't matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks, so you might as well accept it. We're going into an era of abundance, and information is just the start.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
What's immoral and should be unlawful is how they just make the laws say whatever they want.
« Just encourages piracy..
This is a sub-selection from Vicious circle