spc
uniqs
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to baess

to baess

Re: The old WoW is gone forever...

If that's true, my gut reaction holds: they outsourced not only the call center but the billing system at the same time.

Venture (vulture) capitalists at their finest.
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

said by adam1991:

Dude, give it a rest already!
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

said by clocks11:

said by adam1991:

Dude, give it a rest already!

????
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

You have gone off about venture (or vulture as you repeatedly call it) capitalists in a large number of your posts. Your very own letter to WOW was taken off topic by it. It gets old. Do you even know anything about the company that owns WOW? How have they acted like Vultures? Do you think corporations like Comcast are more consumer friendly?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to adam1991

to adam1991
said by adam1991:

If that's true, my gut reaction holds: they outsourced not only the call center but the billing system at the same time.

I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a cable or phone company that does not use some form of 3rd party billing/accounting system.. and I don't know what wow is currently using but most use a system called ICOMS to manage their billing/provisioning etc.

Also, I do not know of any telecom company that does not use some form of out sourced call centers (not necessary as primary but for fall over on over flow traffic during peak periods) -- The benefit to using an outsource is that based on call flow projections you can staff up for busy periods of the year etc.. and deviate for lower periods of time based on that call flow and that helps keep COSTS down to you and I the customers. [Your not paying someone to sit there for 20 minutes doing nothing during slow call volume periods].
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W

said by Matt7:

I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a cable or phone company that does not use some form of 3rd party billing/accounting system..

Third party and outsourced are not the same thing.