Premium Member
join:2012-12-23
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule

Premium Member

Can I sell my 4620LE (for someone to use on VZW?)

Title says it all. I bought the Millenicom service, and moved the SIM card from the hotspot to my UML290. Can I sell my 4620LE on eBay as a 'clean ESN' device that someone else could activate on VZW, even though I'm still using the SIM card in my UML290?
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

Just curious, how much were you wanting to sell it for?
student5
join:2012-12-24
Los Angeles, CA

student5 to applerule

to applerule
You are selling the device without the SIM? Where is the unsuspecting buyer going to track down a SIM?
kevnich24
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to applerule

to applerule
Just noticed I didn't answer the question asked. Yes you should be able to sell the device without much issue as it can be activated by the other party even if you're still using your SIM. Once they put in their sim card, it associates their sim card with that device.

As far as the other question, you can go into any verizon store and get a replacement sim...if you have service with verizon. I assume millenicom would be able to ship a replacement sim card for a customer of there's as well but I've never needed to so I don't know how that works.
student5
join:2012-12-24
Los Angeles, CA

student5

Millenicom doesn't have a SIM-only plan.
kevnich24
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

Millenicom's verizon hotspot is a 4g LTE plan. This plan uses a SIM card. I wasn't implying millenicom had a sim only plan but for a replacement sim card if you are a current customer.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

1 edit

Duramax08 to applerule

Premium Member

to applerule
Hey applerule,

How is your UML290 with the sim card out of the 4620LE? Im thinking of upgrading my advance plan to the hotspot plan then buying a used or new UML290 so I can connect to my cradlepoint mbr95.

Did you buy new or used? If used did you have any problems? Also its LTE correct?

Thanks
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

The 4620LE can connect to the MBR95 as is, via WiFi as WAN

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

Yeah but for some reason I feel more comfortable plugged in. I found tons of the used usb's modems for $40 online with the wifi hotspot used going for $100.

Thanks for chiming in though : )
applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
The UML290 works great. Hook it up to a PC first and set it to LTE only mode so it doesn't bounce between 3g/4g. Also, you'll need a micro SIM to SIM card adapter. You can get them from some cell phone stores and from amazon. I'd just order one from amazon. I don't use mine in a cradlepoint router (I have my own home-built router using pfsense), but I suspect there would be no problems. Good luck!

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

THANK YOU for telling me about the micro sim to sim adapter lol. That just saved me from a headache!
Duramax08

Duramax08 to applerule

Premium Member

to applerule
Did you buy your uml290 new or used? I just received everything today and at first I tried out the 4620. It only gave me 2 LTE bars but it was getting me 5mbps but would drop connection now and then. What sucks is that my ext antenna cable is a bit too big to put in the ext antenna port so I had to do some modifying using a knife. Even then I was only getting 2 bars again but a bit more stable.

I then got my uml290 that I bought off of ebay used. I swapped the sim cards using the adapter I bought off of amazon and shoved it in my cradlepoint mbr95. I was getting a 90% signal but only getting 3mbps. I thought it might have to be updated or so so I installed the verizon access manager and attempted to connect but it was telling me that it needs a firmware. I think this is where I screwed up....

It was working fine in my cradlepoint but after I did the firmware upgrade I started getting a weaker signal and slower speeds. I put it back in my cradlepoint and still slow speeds.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3163.png

im pretty much getting the same speeds I was getting with my old advanced plan. And im not using my ext antenna right now, too much plastic blocking it.....

any advice?
Duramax08

Duramax08

Premium Member

After some cutting of the plastic with a sharp knife, i was able to attach the ext antenna and get 100% signal.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3163.png

now this is faster then my advanced plan and I could live with this but I see people getting faster speeds which i wouldnt mind having too lol.
applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule

Premium Member

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a few days.

Make sure you have the antenna plugged into the port that looks like a satellite dish on it. There are two antenna ports on the UML290, and you want to be in the one with the dish on it. (See »3gstore.com/device/113_v ··· 290.html)

Also, I set my UML290 to 4G only with the VZ Access Manager software.

What kind of antenna are you using? Do you get any better data rates if you drive closer to the tower?

You may want to make a new thread (just so you get more visibility with a more logical title) and post your issues with your SINR/RSSI numbers. Some of the folks here are very good at narrowing down signal issues.