uniqs
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx

Re: A summary of How Teksavvy has failed it's customers..

said by Tx:

.....Problem is TSI is making it too easy for Voltage to extort their customers.

As "Hamilton Burger" of "Perry" Mason fame would say, "Immaterial, irrelevant, and incompetent, your Honor".

You don't know what is going to happen on Monday (unless you are now part of TSI's legal team) so your statement is merely speculative.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Tx:

.....Problem is TSI is making it too easy for Voltage to extort their customers.

As "Hamilton Burger" of "Perry" Mason fame would say, "Immaterial, irrelevant, and incompetent, your Honor".

You don't know what is going to happen on Monday (unless you are now part of TSI's legal team) so your statement is merely speculative.

Care to explain how i and everyone of these forums doesn't? Marc has already publicly made this statement via the forums and the teksavvy blog. How exactly is it speculative based on the very statements from the CEO's plans on the matter?

Marc on his transparency with Teksavvy has already said Teksavvy's stance and what they plan to do. There will be no contesting it. They only asked the courts for more time to notify customers. That's it. Monday as per their agreement with the court, they are handing it over.

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON

apvm

Like I said, it is $200 a piece and with court order too, I'll screw anyone for $400,000+ anytime anyday. Of course, that's me.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
said by Tx:

Monday as per their agreement with the court, they are handing it over.

If you aren't privy to backroom discussions or the intimate details of the legal strategy being cast this weekend (or not) then there is nothing more to say about the matter other than the Court may or may not decide in Voltage's favour, and that my friend is the only certainty in this whole process.

TSI isn't tendering anything to Voltage without being ordered by the Court to do so, thus your colourful phrase of "handing it over" is about as accurate as saying the moon is made from a delightful blend of Cambozzola, Swiss, Brie, and Venezuelan Beaver cheeses.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

No, you made a statement that i do not know what teksavvy is doing. I answered that i do. As do we all. How? This is what Teksavvy is known for. Transparency.

Marc announced it himself. Through the horses mouth. No speculation, no assumptions.

Why are you trying to make that statement more then it is?

Have you read nothing? They already had the motion to disclose handed to them. »www.teksavvy.com/Media/D ··· tion.pdf

They have already (Marc) said they will not contest it. What does being privy to backroom discussions have to do with anything? That's all this was about. Nothing about what a court may decide.

Maybe i'll simplify it for you. The "colorful" phrase used was in terms of what their original plan they told us customers and the courts they will do January 14th, 2013. Thus handing user information over.

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON
Linksys WRT1900AC
SmartRG SR505N
Huawei HG612

3 edits

apvm

I really don't understand these fan boys. 1st of all, Teksavvy's position is very clear, they will release their customers' information with a court order and they will not contest.

Without contest, it meant they will not even ask if the IP address was just a unlucky draw from a lottery box.

What upset me is although I never won anything more than $10 with all the 649 tickets I purchased but I do not want to end up as one of the winners of their unlucky draw.

I don't make $400,000 out of this mess and I sure don't want to be one paying part of that $400,000 in the future.

One last thing is, I don't care how long an ISP will keep their logs but I care if that ISP will stand up for my privacy and will fight those who're trying to invade it.