uniqs
share rss forum feed

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105

Is Google Fiber native IPv6?

As all their services have participated in World IPv6 Launch Day, I'd think they'd be offering native addressing, in dual stack of course. But I would hope to hear from anyone who is using GF and could tell me.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by rchandra:

As all their services have participated in World IPv6 Launch Day, I'd think they'd be offering native addressing, in dual stack of course. But I would hope to hear from anyone who is using GF and could tell me.

Maybe....

quote:
Google Fibers subscribers may attach any device of their choice to the Google Fiber Internet service that is compatible with the Google Fiber network (i.e., supports IPv4 and/or IPv6 via Ethernet or Wi-Fi technologies), ....
»fiber.google.com/legal/network.html

But then we have this report which states the user is only getting a ULA.

»cafbit.com/entry/google_fiber

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

reply to rchandra

Actually on his updated post, he confirms working IPv6. So yes, it is v6 enabled.

»cafbit.com/entry/google_fiber_tourism

v6 fan

@103.5.142.x
reply to whfsdude

Accoring to »cafbit.com/entry/google_fiber_tourism it's now working normally. He mentions external testing but doesn't actually provide a reference link though.