Midwest

Gizy

Premium Member

Nexus 7 and iTunes

I have a:
Nexus 7
iPad2
iPhone 4S

Because of my heavy iOS dependency, I use iTunes. That's not going to change. But I love my Nexus 7. I already have my music on Google Play using Music Manager. Is there a way to stream my iTunes movies/TV shows to the Nexus 7? I know I can move the files to the Nexus, but is there any way to stream while on my home network?

Mospaw
My socks don't match.

join:2001-01-08
New Braunfels, TX

1 recommendation

Mospaw

I know you're locked into iTunes, but I'm pretty sure streaming / sharing from iTunes to Android is pretty much a no go. I have an iPad and an Android phone and use Subsonic ( »www.subsonic.org/ ) to stream across my local network and the Internet to all of my devices as well as browsers. It works great.

I have even streamed music to my car via my phone. There are clients for all the major OSes, although they might cost a few bucks, but it's typically a one-time deal.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to Gizy

Premium Member

to Gizy
I'm sorry to go OT, but I also have a Nexus 7, and have all of my music on my iMac in iTunes. Each music file is an .m4a.

I want to put all of my music (about 10GB) on my Nexus 7 so that I can play it. I haven't had the time to research everything about the Nexus 7, but can 'Music Manager' accomplish this? Does 'Music Manager' come with the N7? Thanks.

smunro622
Premium Member
join:2006-02-15
united state

1 recommendation

smunro622 to Gizy

Premium Member

to Gizy
stream no i do not believe there is a way...

DRM music from itunes yes..
»best-tablet-converter.co ··· nexus-7/
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned) to Gizy

to Gizy
You might find some luck with a DLNA based approach.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Mospaw

Premium Member

to Mospaw
said by Mospaw:

I know you're locked into iTunes, but I'm pretty sure streaming / sharing from iTunes to Android is pretty much a no go. I have an iPad and an Android phone and use Subsonic ( »www.subsonic.org/ ) to stream across my local network and the Internet to all of my devices as well as browsers. It works great.

I have even streamed music to my car via my phone. There are clients for all the major OSes, although they might cost a few bucks, but it's typically a one-time deal.

Interesting. I've been thinking about ripping my dvds and blu rays to a hard drive. I'm tired of the clutter the cases make. I'll have to check into subsonic.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to Gizy

to Gizy
That will teach you for buying music and videos.

... don't

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
Midwest

Gizy

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

That will teach you for buying music and videos.

... don't

Actually I never said I bought anything. As it is, I have no problem with playing my music and video on the Nexus. I was just looking for a way to stream without having to put the videos on the tablet.

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
said by lordpuffer:

I'm sorry to go OT, but I also have a Nexus 7, and have all of my music on my iMac in iTunes. Each music file is an .m4a.

I want to put all of my music (about 10GB) on my Nexus 7 so that I can play it. I haven't had the time to research everything about the Nexus 7, but can 'Music Manager' accomplish this? Does 'Music Manager' come with the N7? Thanks.

As the majority of my Itunes music is DRM free, all I had to do was connect my Nexus 7 to my PC, and copy music from my Itunes folder to my Nexus 7 music folder.
You could try it that way.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks Snakeoil. I'll try connecting the N7 to my iMac and see if I can transfer and play the songs.