Search similar:

uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs

Re: TWC Dallas, New Speed, Ultimate 75

some one in the rgv area call in and ask if they have it here so i can get upgraded to ok ?

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by 91862239:

some one in the rgv area call in and ask if they have it here so i can get upgraded to ok ?

i called and they said DelmarPip can be upgraded with no problems.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to 91862239

to 91862239
said by 91862239:

only available in the Dallas area only not available in the rest of the state.
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

this makes me very sad
Snowknight26
join:2011-04-06

Snowknight26

said by Snowknight26:

Maybe the representative I talked hadn't been filled in on the details of the new package, but according to her it's not available in the Richardson area.

Looks like I just had to bounce around a few CSRs. Last one I spoke to 'found' the package and was able to add it to my account.

Hopefully it'll get better later. Might have to call Tier 2/3 support..
BJR
join:2012-10-04
Dallas, TX

BJR

Check MyServices to see if they really did upgrade you.

Also, look for "Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow" in your event log at or around the time you called. That would mean that they tried to reboot your modem and if the new speeds didn't take hold then it could mean a few things. I saw that in mine when i called and knew something was wrong when i was not getting the new speeds. that and my internet stopped working till evening time when i had to call again.
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

said by BJR:

Check MyServices to see if they really did upgrade you.

Also, look for "Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow" in your event log at or around the time you called. That would mean that they tried to reboot your modem and if the new speeds didn't take hold then it could mean a few things. I saw that in mine when i called and knew something was wrong when i was not getting the new speeds. that and my internet stopped working till evening time when i had to call again.

Thu Jan 17 19:50:20 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 19:32:51 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 19:10:44 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 12:10:54 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  

MyServices reports I have "Ultimate 75 Upgrade" on top of Standard Internet.

Tier 3 said to wait 24 hours for the provisioning to roll out but that seems a bit odd, and a bit less believable now that the speeds are no higher than 25Mbps about 8 hours later.

We'll see tomorrow.
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

yup, that is just how my modem looked but at least your internet is still running.

Yea, i find it ood that they would ask you to wait 24hrs but it is a good sign that MyServices shows you upgraded. Maybe the T3 guy didn't want to go through too much effort.
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

That turned out better than expected.
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

that is great!
Nemrosim
join:2012-05-10

Nemrosim to 91862239

to 91862239
Indeed it does, my question what is the roll out time frame? or is this just a push to compete against FIOS?
Snowknight26

Snowknight26 to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
I managed to speak with a really nice service tech the othe day when I had a small issue with the new package.

The jist of our conversation was that that the DFW area will be getting 100/20 (wasn't sure on the upload) in the next 3 months or so, around the time that they increase the downstream bonded channels to 8. That also means the last two analog channels (Comedy Central and one more) are going away.

RTaylor1
@emc.com

RTaylor1 to txfeinbergs

Anon

to txfeinbergs
Those of you who were bumped up, can you confirm if your My Services shows Ultimate 50 or 75? I upgraded mine last night and the rep swore I was at 75 yet all speed tests had me at 50 mbps. When I checked my account just now it's showing me as Ultimate 50. Thanks!

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to Snowknight26

Premium Member

to Snowknight26
cant wait til this hits my area.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to RTaylor1

Premium Member

to RTaylor1
said by RTaylor1 :

Those of you who were bumped up, can you confirm if your My Services shows Ultimate 50 or 75? I upgraded mine last night and the rep swore I was at 75 yet all speed tests had me at 50 mbps. When I checked my account just now it's showing me as Ultimate 50. Thanks!

Mine shows ultimate 75 upgrade specific.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Snowknight26

to Snowknight26
said by Snowknight26:

I managed to speak with a really nice service tech the othe day when I had a small issue with the new package.

The jist of our conversation was that that the DFW area will be getting 100/20 (wasn't sure on the upload) in the next 3 months or so, around the time that they increase the downstream bonded channels to 8. That also means the last two analog channels (Comedy Central and one more) are going away.

not surprising as I have seen the writing on the wall since last year when the enabled upstream bonding and added the 5th and 6th downstream channels. By the way these are the channels moving to digital:

Dallas Metro (860MHz)
CSPAN
EWTN
WGN America
G4

Greenville/Commerce (750MHz)
CSPAN
EWTN
WGN America
truTV
wcastro
join:2013-02-18
Dallas, TX

wcastro to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
Click for full size
I found the Ultimate 75 by calling if I could get the new reduce price on my Ultimate 50.
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

It's exciting for me to read this, I'm going to be moving to the Dallas Metro area later this year. I'm going to seek out a home in a FIOS area so I can have the choice of TW or FIOS. Currently I live in Pittsburgh and have FIOS from VZ. Comcast is the cable provider around here and they have caps, even tho unforced at the moment though. I'm seeking a FIOS area as I'm afraid that TW will implement caps in the DFW area like they've been talking about in other areas. I work from home and don't want to be limited.

This proves competition creates a better product. Meanwhile my brother in law lives in Columbus, OH and 50Mbps is the fastest they have. No word on if/when they're going to be able to get higher. There's nothing forcing TW there due to lack of competition.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by buckweet1980:

It's exciting for me to read this, I'm going to be moving to the Dallas Metro area later this year. I'm going to seek out a home in a FIOS area so I can have the choice of TW or FIOS. Currently I live in Pittsburgh and have FIOS from VZ. Comcast is the cable provider around here and they have caps, even tho unforced at the moment though. I'm seeking a FIOS area as I'm afraid that TW will implement caps in the DFW area like they've been talking about in other areas. I work from home and don't want to be limited.

This proves competition creates a better product. Meanwhile my brother in law lives in Columbus, OH and 50Mbps is the fastest they have. No word on if/when they're going to be able to get higher. There's nothing forcing TW there due to lack of competition.

FIOS does not cover all areas of DFW.
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

Wanna hear something funny!?

I got my bill around the 8th and they were charging me an extra $100 for the "free" upgrade that Signature Home are suppose to get. The billing person told me to just pay it and they would credit me the error for next month's bill but I told them that I was not going to pay for their error. After a few minutes they told me to just pay what I normally pay and it should be fine but I got the feeling the billing person just said that to get me off the phone. *sigh*

anyone else in dallas going/went through that with the new speeds and Signature Home?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by BJR:

Wanna hear something funny!?

I got my bill around the 8th and they were charging me an extra $100 for the "free" upgrade that Signature Home are suppose to get. The billing person told me to just pay it and they would credit me the error for next month's bill but I told them that I was not going to pay for their error. After a few minutes they told me to just pay what I normally pay and it should be fine but I got the feeling the billing person just said that to get me off the phone. *sigh*

anyone else in dallas going/went through that with the new speeds and Signature Home?

I would call back and make sure that charge goes away. When the news leaked about the 75Mbps tier it is supposed to be free with signature home and people have ultimate by itself without signature home had to call in and upgrade to the new ultimate tier.

I also have a feeling in about 2 or 3 months we should be seeing the 7th and 8th downstream channels on the internet finally as TWC is relocating QAMs that are on 675MHz and 681MHz to new locations on or about march 5th according to this months second legal notice that mentions several clear QAM channels requiring a rescan on the 5th of march to keep viewing. so I am guessing that the SDV QAMs on 771MHz and 777MHz will move to 675MHz and 681MHz to make room for new DOCSIS QAMs on 120 (771MHz) and 121 (777MHz).

warlock56
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Dallas, TX

warlock56

Premium Member

Where do you find the legal notices?
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

They should have been mailed to you.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to warlock56

to warlock56
said by warlock56:

Where do you find the legal notices?

»findnsave.dallasnews.com ··· 24331565
jca2050
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Dallas, TX

jca2050 to buckweet1980

Premium Member

to buckweet1980
said by buckweet1980:

If you can move into a FiOS area, get it. I had it for over 5 years until I moved recently into a non-FiOS area. I would never choose xDSL or cable over FiOS, it's just too good.
MDNTX
join:2013-03-19
Arlington, TX

MDNTX to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs

I'm in South Arlington/Mansfield and switched to TWC from U-verse thanks to this thread. THANK YOU! The installation was a nightmare, but the service is fantastic!

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to horseshoe

Premium Member

to horseshoe
said by horseshoe:

motorola870
Is the Ultimate 75 available in the lowly LA market?

LA is never first. We even delay our own live broadcasts.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

said by djrobx:

said by horseshoe:

motorola870
Is the Ultimate 75 available in the lowly LA market?

LA is never first. We even delay our own live broadcasts.

Just got 50/5 here in Claremont. Would've been nice to get 75 down.

Oh well, maybe soon?
MDNTX
join:2013-03-19
Arlington, TX

MDNTX

Billing update -

First bill was $421.78 of which $219.95 were one-time fees. Fortunately I was able to have the fees and applicable taxes removed with one phone call explaining the absolute cluster of an installation that occurred.

Total recurring monthly bill with taxes is $168.38 which will drop once I buy my own modem and a couple of Roku 3 boxes.

OtherguyTX
join:2004-01-06
Irving, TX

OtherguyTX to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
Does anybody know what all the tiers are and the speeds tied to them