Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

[WIN8] Windows 8 not loading right

Do not know exactly where this belongs. Please move if wrong.
I have a home built computer that I am having problems with. I just got done installing a Asus p8z77-v pro motherboard and a 3.3 quad Intel CPU. I have 24g of corsairs 1600 ram. I have a Nvida 9800gt video card.
I installed windows 8 pro 64 bit. I got all of the updates and drivers installed ok. Installed Firefox version 18 and Java 7.10
I had to go and use the bath room. When I got back the screen was black and was a little white was flashing around the the edge of the screen. The numbers lock and function key was dimming with flashes.
I turned off the computer waited 1 minuter before restarting the computer. This is what happens now. When boots after bios the 4 blue squares will show up with the white dots going around in circles. Then the screen goes black with the white flashes. Key board and mouse does not work.
What could be the problem?
Sorry about my screwed up English. I had a hard time understanding English
Edit to add this about 10 pm I tried it it again but this time it took me to a screen saying it had a problem windows. I click the advance button and then try to repair windows but failed. I restarted and it went back to the it had a problem. I clicked the advance button and clicked the refresh button. After it got done it did load windows 8 ok but took out all of my apps and programs.

--
Caddy

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4

If W8 is booting and running correctly now, why not just re-install all your apps and programs?

Then back it up with a drive imaging program so you can restore from an image next time W8 throws a curve.

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to Caddyroger

With a new computer, one has to be suspicious that you have a hardware problem. It could be RAM (test it!), it could be a hard drive (test it too!) and it could be the motherboard and or CPU. The latter is pretty unlikely. Did you overclock this machine? Are you sure you have the motherboard set up correctly? I'm moving this to hardware because I am inclined to believe you have a hardware issue causing the problem.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

After the 10 pm edit it did it again. When I got back I took out the graphic card drivers. I installed a different set of drivers. It seems like it working ok now.
Sorry for the trouble.
--
Caddy

Kramer
Premium,Mod
Richmond, VA

I really have a hard time understanding how graphic drivers could cause you to lose all your programs.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Kramer:

I really have a hard time understanding how graphic drivers could cause you to lose all your programs.

I am not that technical about computers. It might not have been that but It not have done that since last night.
--
Caddy

Kramer
Premium,Mod
Richmond, VA

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

That was not all that happen since yesterday. I can not get pytivo to work or get my videoredo to install. With this all of this happening I did not get to watch any football games the week end
--
Caddy

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Caddyroger

By default Windows 8 is set to put the PC to sleep after a short time of non use.
I also had a black screen after i left the room after installing Windows 8, and it would not wake up by the keyboard or mouse, i had to press the power button.

So did you disable the sleep/hibernate mode ?
maybe you have a problem once the PC try to sleep or wake up.
You should test it if you have changed your power options.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

I had the power set to turn off display after 15 minutes put computer to sleep never and turn off disk drive to never. when this happen. It working all right now.
--
Caddy