« Just encourages piracy..
This is a sub-selection from Vicious circle

seamore
Premium
join:2009-11-02
reply to ITALIAN926

Re: Vicious circle

said by ITALIAN926:

Bullshit ! Stop breaking the damn law. HBO isnt breaking any laws by running their business how they see fit. You cant, and DONT compete with FREE.

"Give us your product for PENNIES or we'll just shoplift it anyway." What kind of crap is that? Seriously.

As i download the most recent Boardwalk Empire

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by seamore:

said by ITALIAN926:

Bullshit ! Stop breaking the damn law. HBO isnt breaking any laws by running their business how they see fit. You cant, and DONT compete with FREE.

"Give us your product for PENNIES or we'll just shoplift it anyway." What kind of crap is that? Seriously.

May I ask why you feel you are entitled to that episode that others PAY for? Are you special or something? Are you above rules?

seamore
Premium

said by 88615298:

said by seamore:

said by ITALIAN926:

May I ask why you feel you are entitled to that episode that others PAY for? Are you special or something? Are you above rules?

Im special.
Besides, it's not going to put them out of business.
sorry that you dont like hearing this.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by seamore:

Im special.

Gee if EVERYONE felt that way they WOULD go out of business. Now I know you're going to say "Well not everyone feels that way and they will pay". Which is my point. You feel like you're special and everyone should pay for YOUR entertainment. If you don't want to pay your are not entitled to the content PERIOD. Get some morals.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits

They dont have morals, and thats the entire problem. I never thought to consider piracy because aside from being illegal, I know it negatively affects hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of jobs across various industries. They think they're above everyone else, as if they are smart to know about such things, but meanwhile, they are simply a bunch of dummies that dont see the bigger picture. Some of these Einsteins probably pirate religously, negatively impacting their OWN employment, but dont even realize it. Bunch of brains.

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2

I seldom pirate anymore. As to software, I don't at all anymore. If I do, I live by the motto of the scene "if you like it, buy it! If you don't, delete it!". There are many things I downloaded in the past for shits and giggles that wound up being a sale they would have never seen because I would have never thought it to be that good, if I didn't try it. The only things I like and don't buy are abandonware that has no outlet to buy legally(some really old stuff like 70s and 80s computing products) and they are no longer trying to make money off of.

A good example: One of the last things I pirated was for Android. In fact, I will name it: GrooveIP, as I am now the proud owner of a legal software license for this app. I was heavily despaired at the quality of many Android VoIP clients. I was sick of downloading legally free ones, only to be disappointed to death. Risked my money on a couple paid ones, but at least they were bad enough for me to see that quickly(some of the free ones had flaws that you had to run awhile for them to bite you, like losing incoming calls) and hit the refund button in time. So now I am at this point. I see a copy of GrooveIP and download it, expecting to delete it in disappointment and frustration. A few days later, it was still my favored client with superb call quality, perfect stability, great config options I needed, and very light on battery. I was expecting disappointment yet again, but I realized I found what I was looking for. I then uninstall it, only to go to Google Play and purchase the app because of my being grateful to the developer for creating such a great app. That was $5 that he would have never seen otherwise because the crap the software industry had been putting out had me quite cynical. Only other that wasn't crap was csipsimple, open source and legally free, but still didn't quite make me happy due to some flaws(not showstoppers like with most clients). But I found something perfect for my use that wasn't free and paid up in appreciation. I believe in a good dev/musician/company/studio making a living to feed their family with honest work. In my case, the piracy only hurt those trying to rip us, the consumer, off by pawning off crap on us at a high price. But it made sure a good developer got his dinner for an app that made my life easier. The street goes both ways and not all of us are without morals. Those that deliberately sell crap lack morals, just the same as the pirates that decide something they downloaded was good enough to keep and keep consuming, but not good enough to pay for.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

seamore
Premium
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

said by seamore:

Im special.

Gee if EVERYONE felt that way they WOULD go out of business. Now I know you're going to say "Well not everyone feels that way and they will pay". Which is my point. You feel like you're special and everyone should pay for YOUR entertainment. If you don't want to pay your are not entitled to the content PERIOD. Get some morals.

Someone needs to tell you that morals are relative and that they do not only come from that fairytale book.

Sorry to disappoint

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

While we are all being honest with one another here. Lets be clear - "morals" are the underlying knowledge (or subconscious feeling) of what is right and what is wrong and is known by ALL people regardless background or any "fairytale book" you read or don't read.

What is relative is those that lack morals trying to justify their actions for whatever the relative reason is for the day. Some day they will steal because they dont have money and "need" it. Other days they will steal because they dont want to spend the money and "need" it. And still other days they will steal because they dont see it being worth spending their money and they want it anyway.