spc
uniqs
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat to toofloated

to toofloated

Re: Need some Tech help with my Uverse

Do you have a link for the adapters you used? It sounds like you may have used more than one of the cables you linked to. If that's the case, the adapter (coupler) you used to connect the cables together could be the problem.
toofloated
join:2013-01-12

toofloated

»www.ebay.com/itm/3209198 ··· 39.l2649 those are the adapters i used, and they work for one tv that is hardwired to the box just not the main one, i think the one connected from the main DVR box to the router has a stronger type of ethernet cable

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

There is no "stronger" Catv5e cable. There is a distance limitation, but most people wouldn't exceed it in the average home; I think. Without a device like a switch, the maximum distance of run is ~330 feet.
toofloated

toofloated

the original wire that ran from the main box to my router has this writing on it "AWM 2835 24AWG 4PRS 60 degrees C 30v E312705 CAT5E UTP TIA/EIA-568B 2 All Systems Broadband UVA" I'm not sure if any of that sets it apart from normal ones, I just tried unplugging this one and continuing the cable i had to it in hopes that it may work.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Do the lights on the router light up when the cable's plugged in? If not, they may of sent you the wrong coupler. Couplers for phone wiring will NOT work as they "mirror" the wires (pin 1 becomes pin 8, pin 2 becomes 7, etc).

/M
toofloated

toofloated

no the coupler works with the other system, i can try to swap them out and try one of the others