All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde

Re: [DSL] Frontier Speed Issues at My Home

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your responses, getting some of the lingo down and what it does from you guys is starting to help in my conversations with local people. It seems as if I got a bit more attention yesterday after I let him know what I was talking about, then I didn't get treated like Joe 6 pack that just wants more speed.

Bonka....(Upping you to 6mbit when you're only getting 1mbit during peak hours isn't going to magically let you get 3mbit during that same time.)

What I meant was upgrading unit at the pole, not just for me but for any of the customers out of it, who are also getting screwed paying for Max internet and only getting 1-3mbps. Others in the same company are paying the same price and getting up to 12mbps...not fair

jamesonnorth......(the only way to get more bandwidth during peak hours is to upgrade the backhaul from your remote. I'd assume there are no more than 30 houses connected to a single remote--especially a pole mounted one. If you guys are getting around 1mbps during peak hours, I doubt they have more than a T3 connecting it, which is ridiculous. The least they could do is OC3 so 30 customers could have 5mbps at the same time. It's sad Frontier still has areas like this...)

Thank you for that, I know have more info on what needs to be done to help everyone. I was also told Bonded DSL is not available to me, and also have been told Business class isn't either. I do have a very small home business, so I was out of luck to begin with.

I already have a second connect line , had it from the get go because I was worried about coming from comcast to DSL with all the Internet use in this house. But i would be lost trying to connect the two together, and I asked that yesterday, and the tech told me It would not help.

Will check back on monday after they do the hard reboot, which wont do anything....then another call to the local manager, and if nothing from him....then up to the region manager I go..

Thanks again,...everyone
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Go staright to the regional manager.
How much of a run-around you going to put up with.
Get your neighbors on board and tell the RM the neighbors are unhappy.
Be persistent and remember the squeaky wheel gets all the grease

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

said by pittpete1:

Go staright to the regional manager.

Be persistent and remember the squeaky wheel gets all the grease

Regional manager in our area has never been helpful. Had to go to corporate after filing complaints with PUC and FCC, but we are still stuck with the low backhaul. FTR loves to quote how much money they spent in our state. It was bailout money and the majority of it has been spent around the capitol area. So it has not helped my area at all.