Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

retrogame

join:2003-04-14
Auburn, MA

GrandStream HT-702 pulse/rotary dialing

Hi,

I know from looking around that the HT-502/3/4 support pulse dialing, but the HT-702/3/4 seem to be more readily available and cheaper. Has anyone tried one of them with a rotary phone to see if that feature is still present in the newer model? The manual does not mention it (neither does the manual for the 502) and I have not found anything else via Google except one other person asking the same question.

Thanks,
Chris

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
I can't help with that specific test (I don't have a 702 and I can't find my old rotary phone) but IF you still need the functionality one of these may help:

»www.oldphoneworks.com/pulse-to-t···ter.html
»www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-p···ter.html

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to retrogame
You know, the [502] is still available at decent prices, still a current product....

»www.voiplink.com/Grandstream_502···-502.htm

»www.amazon.com/Grandstream-HT-50···Q41IN0U3

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06
reply to PX Eliezer70
said by PX Eliezer70:

I can't help with that specific test (I don't have a 702 and I can't find my old rotary phone) but IF you still need the functionality one of these may help:

»www.oldphoneworks.com/pulse-to-t···ter.html
»www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-p···ter.html

I always thought someone should invent something like this for those of us who have some classic "rotaries" lying around. Love it!

retrogame

Auburn, MA
reply to PX Eliezer70
The reason I'm asking about the 704 is because it's cheaper and fulfilled by Amazon so it gets free shipping. It also doesn't have an unneeded router built into it that I just have to disable. I have a gift card on my Amazon account that I was going to use for it. Right now I'm using a Linksys RT31P through Freeswitch via VOIP.MS, which doesn't support rotary directly (amazingly my bluetooth gateway for my cell phone does and so does the Arris modem for Charter).

I'd rather stay away from the pulse converters due to cost if there is another alternative. I was just hoping someone had tried this, since that's how the 504 was discovered to support pulse.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
This page from a burglar alarm company implies that the 701 does support pulse dialing (being relevant to the alarm business).

....the HT701 is the model of choice for the majority of our Customers....

One big advantage that the Grandstream devices have over others is that they support Pulse Dialing....

»www.ouralarm.com/grandstream.html

Maybe Grandstream themselves can tell you....

retrogame

Auburn, MA
Based on the 701 information, I decided to give it a shot. I ordered the 702 from Amazon. I'll update once I get it and configure it to replace the RT31.

GSSupport61

@clearwire-wmx.net
reply to retrogame
Chris,

Unfortunately this feature has been disabled on the HT7xx series. I believe this is something that can also be revived if it was necessary, but at the moment it doesn't look like a fair market for it's return. What type of requirements were you looking for with the rotary support?

CharlesR

@rr.com
Pulse dial support is needed by hobbyists who use older phone equipment, among others. Since I doubt dial pulse support does any harm, why remove it when you already had it designed in? Is it disabled or removed? Can it be enabled?

rudholm

join:2013-01-30
Monterey Park, CA
reply to GSSupport61
Pulse dialing, like CPC, is part of the FXS signalling spec and should be supported.

Also, phone collectors have pulse dial phones.

I was about to order an HT704, assuming it supported pulse like the older Grandstream ATAs. I'm glad I discovered that the feature has been removed before I wasted $120 on one.

ThaiGuy

join:2008-05-10
Thailand
reply to retrogame
Many of my Customers require pulse dialing and I always recommend they purchase GS ATA's for that purpose.