uniqs
share rss forum feed

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to MacGyver

Re: Which nVidia cards support 3 independent displays?

Unless I'm connecting something like a room hdtv to an existing two monitor system I wouldn't bother with a 3rd, I already have to use a large folding table as a computer desk for my two large computer monitors.

Watch out when updating the nvidia drivers, when it refreshes the drivers without a reboot it might leave all your monitors black, and then you're stuck guessing if the setup completed properly. On a very similar system this happened, and I had to wait until I thought it was completed, then I had pressed the power button to trigger the soft shutdown in the operating system. On startup the drivers were updated, but it was clearly the fault of nvidia's driver refresh method which even turned off the monitors attached to another gpu.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.