how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

randomnull

join:2013-01-13
Woodinville, WA

[Speed] Comcast 50mb upgrade but stuck at 25mb

2 days ago I upgraded to the 50mb package and since then I can't get past 25mb downloads and 4mb uploads.

1. I've power cycled and hard reset my Motorola 6141 modem from config page
2. I've bypassed my router, tried multiple PCs and browsers
3. My internal network speeds are ~645mb across my gb lan so I know a nic or cabling isn't the problem
4. I've tried switching coax cables from the wall, even tried the cable direct from behind the plate to modem
5. According to one person I spoke to they say I have the correct profile but they seemed kind of confused and just said they can't troubleshoot and would have to send someone out

Any other things I can try or do I just have to wait for a tech?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
If you're stuck at 25/4 then you have the wrong file I would assume.
They'll also probably charge you for the tech :P.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
reply to randomnull
call again and ask them to push the config file (If the person was confused, they maybe didn't know "for sure" if it was the right file.)

Paco

Nottingham, MD
reply to randomnull
I had this same problem recently after upgrading to the Blast internet package. I called Comcast and asked if they could confirm that the correct package had been added to my account. Turns out they still had me on the Performance package but with the Blast "Power Boost" instead of just changing it entirely to the Blast package.

The young lady I spoke to thought that was strange so she changed it to Blast for me, moments later the connection stalled and came back. A speed test confirmed that I finally had the correct speeds.

randomnull

Woodinville, WA
reply to randomnull
alright you can close the thread

tech on phone was wrong, I WAS sent the wrong config file, guy came out, talked to dude on phone and after a power cycle it was fixed, he was pissed, apparently support was suppose to re-provision profile while on phone just to be sure
testing @ 63/15 now

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
reply to randomnull
Glad that worked out for you, too bad they didn't handle your call well, and save everyone some time.

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to randomnull
In my case their automated system was pushing the upgrade configuration to a previous modem that they had listed that was no longer in use by me. One of the advanced tech guys completely removed all history of that device and manually pushed the configuration to the modem that I was using and voila....