Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to prairiesky

Re: [Bus. Ops] Are you an Wireless ISP looking for more revenue?

I'll try and clear this up just a little bit.
I have used this system both ways. You can have a proxy server (that they provide for free) that watches traffic. And in turn redirects traffic destined for their retailers. Or you can go the DNS route, which essentially does the same thing.

In either case, it doesn't care about the traffic destined any where other than the companies we both get paid from.

Why does it have to be a "scam" when it works. Just because you are skeptical, doesn't mean it's a scam. I get a check each month... Do you? My service isn't slowed down, or act funny when it's on. My customers (for the most part) don't care about it. So what's the problem?

I have referred a hand full of companies to use this system as well. I have no problem trying to explain it. Because, again, I get paid using it, AND I see no issues with it. Be it privacy, or anything else.

From what I understand, it logs an IP, and the retailer. A third party keeps track of the purchase totals so you get paid appropriately. From what I was told, it is simply advertising revenue that is reversed to the networks where the customer comes from. They are trying to track what areas of the country buy what and from where, and if the retailers advertising is working in that area. In turn we get a check.

It has averaged about $.50 per sub per month if it matters to any of you. Real money, for next to nothing on our end, or costs.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
said by gunther_01:

Why does it have to be a "scam" when it works

Because the definition of a scam is not "you get bent over a barrel and end up in the gutter", although that might be the stereotypical view of a scam - e.g. the person that loses all of their savings. A scam is simply something that is done "less honestly", lets put it that way.

I suppose the thing that irks me about this system is the irony, the massive blatant irony. Lets take one comment that really says it all:

It is your network, don't let others profit off your customers!

So, whos making profit out of your customers? The very guys who are telling you that you shouldnt be letting it happen!!!

How much are they making out of this compared to you?

said by gunther_01:

Real money, for next to nothing

Except your soul.