join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Bizarre murder in Joliet

News coverage of this seems spotty at present:

quote:
JOLIET, Ill. (STMW) — Police say four young adults, one the son of a Joliet police sergeant, lured two friends to a house, robbed and strangled them and then played video games until police arrived.

After attempting to dismember the bodies Thursday afternoon, the suspects “continued the party atmosphere,” Police Chief Mike Trafton said.
Joliet Authorities: 4 Young Adults Rob, Murder 2 Friends, Then Continue ‘Party Atmosphere’

I'm not sure what to make of it. There seems to be a lack of information about what really went on. It somehow reminded me of the infamous Leopold and Loeb case.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.2; firefox 18.0

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Yeah, rather strange. What kind of drugs were they on?

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

1 edit

Would not surprise me if it was meth.

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
reply to nwrickert

Leopold and Loeb (I live a block away from where all of the people involved lived, and only about a mile from Clarance Darrow's house) kidnapped a young boy - and killed him after sending out a ransom note. And everyone involved - Leopold, Loeb, and poor Bobby Franks were from very wealthy families. The old Franks house - empty for about 25 years - is now undergoing a gut rehab. It's huge. The old Loeb house - destroyed in a fire in the 1970s was so big there are two huge McMansions on the site of it now. One is for sale for $1.25 mil. Here's the listing.

»urbansearchrealty.com/listing_de···51863729

This sounds nothing like that. From what I read, they lured these people to a house, strangled them and tried to dismember them. They then went into another room and played video games. How this is like the Bobby Franks murder I don't know - seems totally dissimilar in terms of both motive and how it came down. All the perps are white and the two victims are black - may there have been a racial motive as well? If it was 4 black kids killing 2 white kids the media would be full of that implication.

It sounds like a meth sort of thing, but who knows? None of these kids had major records - some little stuff maybe. Extremely barbaric and brutal. And seemingly motiveless, unless a petty robber is a motive for a brutal hands-on double murder.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to nwrickert

Or that drug that turns people into zombie cannibals.

Parneli

join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·VOIPO

1 recommendation

reply to nwrickert

WTF? I wondered why there was no information about this at all- I actually googled a couple times over the months to see what had been published and there was never anything...until now

Joliet Teenagers with Necrophilia Fetish Had Threesome on Murdered Corpses

»joliet.patch.com/articles/accuse···s-reveal

»joliet.patch.com/articles/from-r···-murders

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to nwrickert

Very sad.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
reply to nwrickert

Read about this just this morning and yeah kinda surprised about how little coverage there is on it.

»www.fark.com/comments/7617163/Go···dead-men

I guess they were Juggalos? Never really got insane clown posse myself.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network

said by Dennis:

Read about this just this morning and yeah kinda surprised about how little coverage there is on it.

»www.fark.com/comments/7617163/Go···dead-men

I guess they were Juggalos? Never really got insane clown posse myself.

Last year I was on a business trip somewhere and stayed at the same hotel as ICP. I saw their truck outside and was a little surprised. I didn't see any of them, but I was in the restaurant late in the evening one night and one of their stage crew guys came in a little after I was seated (his T-shirt literally said Insane Clown Posse Crew or something like that). Talk about an asshole. Condescending and shitty with the waiter when giving his order.

Later, the asshole goes to the bathroom and the waiter comes to me take my order. He starts talking about the guy and wondering why the guy was so crappy to him and how he was trying to be helpful (which he was). I felt bad for the waiter. He sounded like a recent immigrant from Eastern Europe, so his language skills weren't the best. And the ICP guy was taking it to him. It just confirmed to me that the band itself are assholes, just like the way they act whenever I've seen them on TV. Obviously it rubs off on the hired help as well.
--
"You lie!" Talk about an understatement, Joe.