uniqs
share rss forum feed

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
reply to txfeinbergs

Re: TWC Dallas, New Speed, Ultimate 75

said by txfeinbergs:

Guys, just a heads up that I am now running Ultimate 75 for $90 in the DFW area. I called in because it looked like I was being overcharged for the Extreme tier ($79 vs what they are offering on their website of $59). Apparently they are calling this a "promotion". Anyway, while jumping through the hoops to get my bill reduced, I asked the agent what the cost of Ultimate was, and they said "which one". Apparently they offer Ultimate 50, and Ultimate 75 now. Unfortunately, the upstream speed is still the piddly 5 mbps on both of them.

I checked several addressed in Dallas and I didn't see any online pricing of $59 a month for the Ultimate tier. It was the Extreme tier that was $59 that I saw.

Can you share a screenshot of the pricing that you saw online?

txfeinbergs

join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

Actually, if you read my original post, it was the extreme tier that they lowered from $79 to $59, it is only while pursuing that cost adjusted price that I discovered the Ultimate 75. No the Ultimate Tiers are not $59. Ultimate 50 is now $79.99 (which is what many of use were paying for Extreme), and Ultimate 75 is $10 more. Since I was already being overcharged for Extreme, I went from 30 Mbps to 75 Mbps for only $10 more a month. Not bad.

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

said by txfeinbergs:

Actually, if you read my original post, it was the extreme tier that they lowered from $79 to $59, it is only while pursuing that cost adjusted price that I discovered the Ultimate 75. No the Ultimate Tiers are not $59. Ultimate 50 is now $79.99 (which is what many of use were paying for Extreme), and Ultimate 75 is $10 more. Since I was already being overcharged for Extreme, I went from 30 Mbps to 75 Mbps for only $10 more a month. Not bad.

Ah, gotcha. I read it too fast. But cool to hear the news about 75 mbits through