spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RogerRR

@rr.com

UKDDI down

Is it just me or UKDDI no longer works. I got message from friends that they no longer can reach me.
I tried
»www.ukddi.com
»www.3c.co.uk/ui

no response from either

rnet1

join:2003-10-14
Yes, it is completely down. Doing a traceroute to their web site does not even leave the US, so there is probably a routing issue. They have been down before for an extended period while moving equipment to a new data centre. Not sure if that is what is happening this time or something else, but Dave Knell who runs the service is usually pretty good about providing updates.

SlowMotion

@btcentralplus.com
reply to RogerRR
Website & trunk registration appear to have gone down around 14:48 UTC

[2013-01-13 14:48:52] NOTICE[2581] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'ukddi_10xxxxx@sip.ukddi.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #2)

SlowMotion

@btcentralplus.com
reply to RogerRR
Back up at 19:08 UTC

RogerRR

@rr.com
reply to RogerRR
Thanks,
Yes, site is up again.

Sivaka

@112.134.141.x
AGAIN DOWN

SlowMotion

@btcentralplus.com
Yup, been down since around 14:20 UTC Sunday

Jethro95

join:2012-09-03
Katy, TX
Can't reach the home page but the config page and the service are working fine for me.

RogerRR

@rr.com
reply to RogerRR
It looks like maintenance window. Same time every Sunday for couple hours.
Anyone knows if they have Twitter "Network Status" page or something similar?

ljrolfe

@btcentralplus.com
said by RogerRR :

It looks like maintenance window. Same time every Sunday for couple hours.
Anyone knows if they have Twitter "Network Status" page or something similar?

I think its down again, none of my numbers are working, again :/

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
reply to RogerRR
If it continues to be down you may be able to contact the owner (Dave Knell) at:

dave [at] 3c.co.uk

PQA

@as13285.net
I note that the registration of the 3c.co.uk domain is due to expire in 8 days time (30th January). This does not bode well.

PQA

@as13285.net
reply to PX Eliezer7
A very prompt response from Dave Knell says that he hopes to have the service back on or about Thursday.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by PQA :

A very prompt response from Dave Knell says that he hopes to have the service back on or about Thursday.

Thanks for the update!

Just before your post, I had also posted an inquiry in a British VoIP forum.

This same issue has happened enough times over the years so as to be disconcerting. As in a marriage, you can't just disappear for days at a time without notice.

RTuesday

join:2006-01-30
reply to PQA
said by PQA :

Did he give a reason, or hadn't he noticed? I do realise it's a free service (so I get what I pay for...) but not either noticing, or not fixing, a site over multiple days does indicate that he doesn't care at all about it.

Pity, I had some nice numbers there. I'll move to a paid service.

Chris Cayman

@optonline.net
Thursday evening now, actually early Friday in the UK, yet UKDDI site is still down.

For those who had UKDDI phone numbers, are they working?

Jethro95

join:2012-09-03
Katy, TX
My numbers have been working just fine.

RTuesday

join:2006-01-30
reply to Chris Cayman
said by Chris Cayman :

For those who had UKDDI phone numbers, are they working?

Calling my numbers (in several different exchanges), there's around 20 seconds of dead air then the caller hears one single ring. After about another 10 seconds of dead air, the called phone starts ringing without the caller hearing any further rings. So, barely working is probably the kindest way to describe it.

SlowMotion

@btcentralplus.com
reply to RogerRR
web site up and SIP Trunk registration appears to be working ok, although 5 different DID numbers all dead..