join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet

Premium Member

said by Dennis:

if you buy a switch stick to the 8 or 5 port model of this:

»www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-G ··· ar+gs108

X2 -- I've got the 105 and it runs like a tank.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by Secyurityet:

said by Dennis:

x3 - I have two and they are tanks.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by ilikeme:

said by Secyurityet:

said by Dennis:

x3 - I have two and they are tanks.

Don't let that metal case fool you, the board inside is the same cheap Chinese crap as all the others. I had an original GS105 that I got back when gigabit was new and it died after about 3 years (started as random packet corruption finally degrading to 80%+ packet loss between any 2 ports) I also had a FS108 that the link/status LEDs were always on no matter what before they stopped lighting completely. I switched to D-Link and haven't needed to replace anything since.

/M

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
said by Dennis:

That would be the one to get. Most U-Verse techs carry the 8 port model on their trucks in case more Ethernet ports are needed while on the jobsite

»www.att.com/equipment/ac ··· q_model= is the link to order directly from AT&T, but shopping around you can tend to find a better price when checking newegg, ebay, amazon, tigerdirect, bestbuy, etc etc

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to mackey

Mod

to mackey
said by mackey:

Don't let that metal case fool you, the board inside is the same cheap Chinese crap as all the others.

No doubt but when dealing with multicast and IGMPv3 I'd just recommend sticking with the approved models from AT&T. I've seen performance slow downs and other issues caused by using different models. In my opinion it just isn't worth the risk.

LAURLEE
@sbcglobal.net

LAURLEE

Anon

Thanks again. I will try my router today. I have a possible related question.... Several times a day My adapter disappears from my wireless network window. This is after I get a message saying limited connection or no networks available. I have to restart my laptop constantly or use ethernet connection. Must be my laptop since this doesn't happen on other wireless devices in my home. Any ideas?
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to mackey

to mackey
said by mackey:

I switched to D-Link and haven't needed to replace anything since.

/M

Give it time. They're all squeezed out of the same mold until you get into the higher end Dell/HP/Cisco/Juniper switches.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to LAURLEE

Premium Member

to LAURLEE
said by LAURLEE :

Thanks again. I will try my router today. I have a possible related question.... Several times a day My adapter disappears from my wireless network window. This is after I get a message saying limited connection or no networks available. I have to restart my laptop constantly or use ethernet connection. Must be my laptop since this doesn't happen on other wireless devices in my home. Any ideas?

Look for an updated wireless driver.

If that doesn't work, many laptops have a compartment on the bottom where the wifi card is. You may check out the antenna connections and make sure it's fully seated. Or you can try a USB wifi adapter.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

It's also possible that the wireless card itself is loose. That said, a reboot wouldn't fix that. So you may have a software issue.