FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to HiVolt

Re: IOC strips Olympic medal

said by HiVolt:

he hasnt shed a tear yet... some of the answers I think are truthful, but some... meh...

He has been lying for over 10 yrs now. Getting the truth is a longshot. More than likely all we are getting now is the latest spin(a distorted version of the truth) needed to restart money coming in to his bank accounts.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to HiVolt

His answer to yes or no questions:
»www.politico.com/story/2013/01/a···373.html

quote:
Winfrey got right to the point, asking for yes-or-no answers to five questions.

Did Armstrong use banned substances? "Yes."

Did he use EPO? "Yes."

Did he do blood doping and transfusions? "Yes."

Did he use testosterone, cortisone and human growth hormone? "Yes."

Did he do it in all seven of his Tour wins? "Yes."
And then his weasel words justifying what he did:
quote:
"At the time it did not feel wrong?" Winfrey asked.

"No," Armstrong replied. "Scary."

"Did you feel bad about it?" she pressed him.

"No," he said. "Even scarier."

"Did you feel in any way that you were cheating?"

"No," Armstrong paused. "Scariest."

"I went and looked up the definition of cheat," he added a moment later. "And the definition is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

Re: Lance Armstrong confessing doping to Oprah

"I went and looked up the definition of cheat," he added a moment later. "And the definition is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."

Exactly why they didn't replace Armstrong with the #2 person for those 7 Tour de France's. They were cheating and so was the #3, #4, and #5 person. In the end what people call cheating made Armstrong a millionaire. He's worth about $100 million and stands to lose $25-30 of that to repay from cheating. I'd cheat in anything for $60-70 million without a second thought. How about you?
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

1 recommendation

We will see how much he stands to lose, I am betting the Civil suits are going to quite large.

I think alot of people can over look the cheating itself, at the time, for reasons mentioned, everyone was doing it. But then to lie about it for all those years, to drag people through the mud to "defend" himself that he never cheated, to sue people that said he cheated and to top it all off, to not even know who he sued over the years(from the interview)....I hope he loses every dime he's made.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Coolbrz:

We will see how much he stands to lose, I am betting the Civil suits are going to quite large.

I think alot of people can over look the cheating itself, at the time, for reasons mentioned, everyone was doing it. But then to lie about it for all those years, to drag people through the mud to "defend" himself that he never cheated, to sue people that said he cheated and to top it all off, to not even know who he sued over the years(from the interview)....I hope he loses every dime he's made.

I'm sure you do hope he loses everything but it's been stated he only stands to lose 20-25% of his money. That's on the high side. In reality it will end up like 10-15%. Almost anything in the past is too old to do anything about. This is 10-15 years past when it happened so for financial stuff the status of limitations is out.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to Draiman

quote:
Exactly why they didn't replace Armstrong with the #2 person for those 7 Tour de France's. They were cheating and so was the #3, #4, and #5 person. In the end what people call cheating made Armstrong a millionaire. He's worth about $100 million and stands to lose $25-30 of that to repay from cheating. I'd cheat in anything for $60-70 million without a second thought. How about you?
My answer is no!

Unfortunately the american mentality is ''Win at all costs''!

As long as you make a shitload of money and win,it doesn't matter how many people you step on or how you do it.

What a role model ,guys like this clown and bonds.clemens and a dozen other american athletes ,are for kids...........especially with parents like the posters here saying that it's alright what he did.

Then you wonder what's wrong with kids nowadays.....mindboggling!
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by ZZZZZZZ:

quote:
My answer is no!

As long as you make a shitload of money and win,it doesn't matter how many people you step on or how you do it.

What a role model ,guys like this clown and bonds.clemens and a dozen other american athletes ,are for kids...........especially with parents like the posters here saying that it's alright what he did.

Then you wonder what's wrong with kids nowadays.....mindboggling!

Most people would take the money without a second thought. They'd promptly retire and then they could spend all the time in the world with their kids. That's far better then most parents who toss their kids in daycare/school then after school daycare and get to see their kids for dinner before they retire to watch TV or play video games. We don't have to bother talking about Lance to see we have far worse role models already. A quick glance in the mirror will show most people that. Even you point your finger at others but fail to understand you have 3 more pointing right back at you......mindboggling!
--

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Yes, because no Canadians have ever been banned for PEDs and don't have a ''Win at all costs'' mentality.

You can peruse this: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_do···thletics

However, I already know that you are going to point out that there are fewer Canadians than Americans. Big fucking deal. They still doped and got caught for having a ''Win at all costs'' mentality.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

lol........ya 1 athlete over 20 years ago.!

And guess who was pointing the finger at him more than anyone..........Carl Lewis ,another cheating piece of crap that never got caught.

Canadian athletes learned a lesson from Seoul...........all you yanks learned was to cheat better and try not to get caught.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

said by FFH:

The worst part wasn't that he denied doping(that is expected of all dopers). It was the way he ruthlessly attacked those who admitted they doped, and the way he treated those on his team who wouldn't dope. He was the ultimate hypocrite.

I was going to post the same thing.

My other thought is that he's coming (partly) clean now since that will get him more money and attention than continuing with all the denial bullshit.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Here come the tears!!!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
reply to capecoddah

said by capecoddah:

I must have missed that episode of Ofrah.

Don't make fun of Oprah!
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Here come the tears!!!

Yes, I just read a summary of part 2 of the interview.

Why am I being punished so harshly?
I want to compete and they won't let me whining.
All my sponsors dumped me - woe is me.
I had to tell my son I am a scumbag after lying to him for years - some tears.
Absolutely shows no concern for others except himself. A true sociopath.
--

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

Elitists are exactly that.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Harddrive:

Elitists are exactly that.

Well, he won't be an elitist now... or at least nowhere close as he was...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to FFH

Lance Armstrong for years:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_hOr69vN8s

Lance Armstrong today:

said by Lance Armstrong :

Just kidding.

--

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to FFH

What a total piece of pure shit...I would love to bump into him on the street someday and tell him to his lying face what a low life conniving spineless jelly fish fuck he is.
___

He told Winfrey one of the reasons he had decided to admit that he used banned drugs en route to his Tour de France victories was because he couldn’t stand lying to his kids anymore. He almost broke down as he witnessed his oldest child, 13-year-old Luke, defending him on social media.

“I saw my son defending me and saying, ‘That is not true. What you’re saying about my dad is not true,’” Armstrong said, struggling to hold back his emotions. “That’s when I knew I had to tell him.”

Armstrong said he told his son that the years of denials had been a lie, and that he had used performance-enhancing substances during his career.

“I said, ‘Listen, there’s been a lot of questions about your dad. My career. Whether I doped or did not dope. I’ve always denied that and I’ve always been ruthless and defiant about that. You guys have seen that. That’s probably why you trusted me on it.’ Which makes it even sicker,” Armstrong said.

“And, uh, I told Luke, I said, ‘Don’t defend me anymore. Don’t.’”

»www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-tea···IXBfWeYs

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to FFH

Here is an exceptional eloquent, introspective, in-depth thoughtful analysis and opinion piece on the whole picture and all of the issues raised in the furor and or debate over Armstrong tied together in one good read.

»www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2013/01/21/be···mstrong/

--
The signal usually is drowned out by the noise.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

1 recommendation

quote:
Armstrong told Oprah that he looked up ‘cheat’ in the dictionary and decided he wasn’t one – what he was doing just levelled the playing field
What a weasel.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by fatness:

quote:
Armstrong told Oprah that he looked up ‘cheat’ in the dictionary and decided he wasn’t one – what he was doing just levelled the playing field
What a weasel.

I know right! I mean they investigated the top 10 people in every race over the last decade to be fair right? That clearly turned up the fact only Lance was cheating not everyone else right?
--

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to FFH

Lance does Radiohead...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1kM79f6aY

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

That's pretty well done.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to FFH

Everyone is suing this clown now

»rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstorie···dex.html
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

quote:
The civil lawsuit alleges that Armstrong and former team managers submitted false claims for government funds to the sponsoring Postal Service by their "regularly employing banned substances and method to enhance their performance" in violation of the sponsorship agreement, the federal announcement said.
--
here comes leadership

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to FFH

Re: Lance Armstrong confessing doping to Oprah

Anyone can sue. Winning is another matter.