share rss forum feed view:
normal

RUQRU
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Florida
reply to ispalten

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

Well Start8 is only $4.95 so not a major investment. It gives you the Windows 7 start menu plus many cool configurable features. Since it boots directly to the desktop on my desktop I never see the tiles unless I want to. Overall I find Windows 8 very stable. I do a lot of photoshop work and the systems runs very fast. Could be because I am running off of SSD and 32 GB ram.

I know people have criticism of MS for what the released. But I like it with Start8.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
said by RUQRU:

Well Start8 is only $4.95 so not a major investment. It gives you the Windows 7 start menu plus many cool configurable features. Since it boots directly to the desktop on my desktop I never see the tiles unless I want to. Overall I find Windows 8 very stable. I do a lot of photoshop work and the systems runs very fast. Could be because I am running off of SSD and 32 GB ram.

I know people have criticism of MS for what the released. But I like it with Start8.

I use Stardock for other things (because I have entirely too many desktop things that need to be there but organized) and if that were the only thing I might consider 8 but it isn't not even close. From my own personal platform perspective I'm seriously considering jumping ship altogether and going with one of the major flavors of Linux. From a support standpoint for you guys it won't be until later in the year when I revisit setting up a Win 8 box for that purpose and that will be driven more by demand on your part than anything...could be sooner could be later I just don't know yet.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~