All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
joeb99
join:2010-03-18

joeb99 to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs

Re: TWC Dallas, New Speed, Ultimate 75

Ultimate 75 has been available since Jan. 1.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by joeb99:

Where?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by bluepoint:

said by joeb99:

Where?

probably only in the 2 systems in the Dallas area (Dallas metro 860MHz system which covers about 5 counties and the 750MHz Greenville and Commerce Texas system which covers 1 county)

Dallas was the first TWC system have more than 4 downstreams for the internet so I would assume that NYC shouldn't be too far behind unless capacity is an issue. We got 6 downstreams on the internet while NYC got upstream bonding which came to Dallas about 3 months after 6 channel downstream bonding.

bluepoint

bluepoint

Not all in NYC is 8x4, my area is still @4x4 so I guess it will be awhile before we see the updates.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by bluepoint:

Not all in NYC is 8x4, my area is still @4x4 so I guess it will be awhile before we see the updates.

what modem are you using? If it is a SB6120 or SB6121 then no it won't show the additional downstreams.

bluepoint

bluepoint

It's an Arris TG852G, it's an 8x4 modem.
joeb99
join:2010-03-18

joeb99 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

said by joeb99:

Where?

Only in the Dallas Market. Signature Home customers automatically received the upgrade on January 9.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by joeb99:

said by bluepoint:

said by joeb99:

Where?

Only in the Dallas Market. Signature Home customers automatically received the upgrade on January 9.

is extreme getting bumped up as well?
BJR
join:2012-10-04
Dallas, TX

BJR to joeb99

to joeb99
I am on Signature Home I had to call because I was still stuck at 50/5 and they had a lot of trouble in provisioning my modem bu t got it done this evening. I would not even had known about 70/5 without this thread.
Snowknight26
join:2011-04-06

Snowknight26 to joeb99

to joeb99
Maybe the representative I talked hadn't been filled in on the details of the new package, but according to her it's not available in the Richardson area.
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

said by Snowknight26:

Maybe the representative I talked hadn't been filled in on the details of the new package, but according to her it's not available in the Richardson area.

Looks like I just had to bounce around a few CSRs. Last one I spoke to 'found' the package and was able to add it to my account.

Hopefully it'll get better later. Might have to call Tier 2/3 support..
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

Check MyServices to see if they really did upgrade you.

Also, look for "Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow" in your event log at or around the time you called. That would mean that they tried to reboot your modem and if the new speeds didn't take hold then it could mean a few things. I saw that in mine when i called and knew something was wrong when i was not getting the new speeds. that and my internet stopped working till evening time when i had to call again.
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

said by BJR:

Check MyServices to see if they really did upgrade you.

Also, look for "Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow" in your event log at or around the time you called. That would mean that they tried to reboot your modem and if the new speeds didn't take hold then it could mean a few things. I saw that in mine when i called and knew something was wrong when i was not getting the new speeds. that and my internet stopped working till evening time when i had to call again.

Thu Jan 17 19:50:20 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 19:32:51 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 19:10:44 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  
Thu Jan 17 12:10:54 2013    Critical (3)   Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow  

MyServices reports I have "Ultimate 75 Upgrade" on top of Standard Internet.

Tier 3 said to wait 24 hours for the provisioning to roll out but that seems a bit odd, and a bit less believable now that the speeds are no higher than 25Mbps about 8 hours later.

We'll see tomorrow.
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

yup, that is just how my modem looked but at least your internet is still running.

Yea, i find it ood that they would ask you to wait 24hrs but it is a good sign that MyServices shows you upgraded. Maybe the T3 guy didn't want to go through too much effort.
Snowknight26

Snowknight26

That turned out better than expected.
BJR
Dallas, TX

BJR

that is great!

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07