uniqs

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock

Re: [Anime] What do you use to watch streaming anime?

said by graniterock:

My wife prefers crunchy roll as it usually has an option to play the show in the original language (with english subtitles), hulu sometimes does and netlix not so much. Between the three services she can find almost everything she wants to watch.

CR doesn't have very many dubs on their site. I think the ones they HAD (like Gundam 00 and Eureka 7) are gone now due to expired licenses. Their programming is pretty much sub only. I recall hearing this feature is on SOME videos on Netflix, but I've not seen that.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

She talked to a Netflix CSR about because off hand one would think as a digital service it would be trivialto be able to do an original language audio track option (with optional english subtitles). The CSR basically said their plan is to do this for as many shows as possible but there was no timeline on implementation. My wife likes learning foreign languages and she finds watching anime helps to solidify her skills.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Is there any place to legally catch up with Fairy Tail?

Hulu has the 1st 48 episode which I've already seen; Crunchyroll only shows the most recent 5 or 6 episodes and Fairy Tail isn't available on Netflix.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Don't think so "legaly"

But I know ways.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
Doubtful. The only place aside from Funimation that has rights to Fairy Tail is CR, and it's precisely that licensing that requires only 4 weeks be kept. You're gonna have to find a sub group to watch.

Funimation's site has up to 48 I think. dub/sub. But you need to be a premium member to watch them ad free.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

I'm trialing PlayOn software with the 360. It was amazingly simple to install. It streams files from my pc smoothly, but the interface for the netflix, hulu and other apps it comes with looks pretty clunky compared to the built in versions on the 360.