spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Nemo888
join:2005-12-25
Canada

Nemo888

How is Rocky doing?

Like many here I miss Rocky. I have worried about him and would like to send him and his family my best wishes. I hope he is doing well.

Marc has taken over for his brother and has done a very noble and thankless job in making the business more profitable. This was not one of Rocky's main concerns and I suspect it has lead to many sleepless nights.

Thank you for offering an alternative to the duopoly and being honourable in your business practices.

Though tomorrow if my line fails I will tear you a strip in near gibberish texted from a mobile phone I do appreciate you.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

He recently bought a restaurant according to his Linkedin update.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to Nemo888

to Nemo888
He no longer is part of TSI. He sold his part of the company to Marc. You can find him on his new twitter account.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

One of those things id love to know why he left. Something we will never honestly know
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

i could be wrong but was it not Health reasons and stress?
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek

said by morisato:

Yes, those were the reasons he gave for leaving. It is a fairly stressful job, so I'm not really doubting that was a major factor for him leaving.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

I don' doubt stress was a factor, but stress doesn't cause you to sell your pride and joy. It wasn't close to as busy as it is now and back then it was during the glory days.

I'd be willing to guess a disagreement with the direction of the company, profits or other was a factor. Rocky appeared to love Teksavvy. I could throw a major guess in from experience but who knows. I couldn't work closely like that with family, you butt heads too often as i did with my father years and years ago.

Could be a million reasons but i think it was more then stress to let go of the business and go a complete 180 into insurance. Maybe he actually hated that profession all along, helped grow it and then handed the thrown.

As i said million reasons, but call my nosy, i'd just love to know truly why but it's none of mine or anyones business lol.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

My feeling is that I don't think it was anything family related (like disagreements or anything like that). If you recall, Rocky was gaining weight, and that was a concern for him. Added to that, he was over-working himself. Not healthy.

I can only assume that Rocky's glad that he's not a part of this copyright mess

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

I can only assume that Rocky's glad that he's not a part of this copyright mess

LOL I agree, and I most certainly do HOPE his IP isn't one of the 2,300 cause that would really stink to high heaven.

Rocky's a good boy

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
Running an ISP is a stressful line of work. Large or small.

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON
Linksys WRT1900AC
SmartRG SR505N
Huawei HG612

apvm to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

said by morisato:

I don' doubt stress was a factor, but stress doesn't cause you to sell your pride and joy. It wasn't close to as busy as it is now and back then it was during the glory days.

I'd be willing to guess a disagreement with the direction of the company, profits or other was a factor. Rocky appeared to love Teksavvy. I could throw a major guess in from experience but who knows. I couldn't work closely like that with family, you butt heads too often as i did with my father years and years ago.

Could be a million reasons but i think it was more then stress to let go of the business and go a complete 180 into insurance. Maybe he actually hated that profession all along, helped grow it and then handed the thrown.

As i said million reasons, but call my nosy, i'd just love to know truly why but it's none of mine or anyones business lol.

+1 I would love to have a stress free job, can anyone name me some examples? Tia
callous10
join:2005-09-12
toron

callous10 to Nemo888

to Nemo888
the restaurant business is pretty stressful too.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by callous10:

the restaurant business is pretty stressful too.

That's an understatement. Restaurant business is cut throat. Major investments up front and if you mess up you're going to be wasting tons and tons of money and barely able to pay your staff at the end of the week.

IMHO, the restaurant business is one of the toughest to run and manage. Many people think it's simple but it honestly isn't. Unless you're only running a breakfast place no big deal. I'd rather run anything but a restaurant. Screw that lol
MoreFaxes
join:2002-09-27
United

MoreFaxes to Nemo888

to Nemo888
Rocky gaining weight and opening a restaurant? That is a dangerous combo... I hope his weight is under better control.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
I wonder if Rocky is a TSI customer?

JGROCKY
Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

2 recommendations

JGROCKY to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
Hey guys,

I'm still a TSI customer.... Now enjoying the slow pace business worlds of Insurance, restaurant, construction, hockey and investments! lol

Weight's still not 100% in check but getting there... The new "slow pace" is still stressful but a different kind, and one where I'm having fun again. In my last few months with TSI I frequently found myself in Ottawa doing the right things to ultimately help the market, but then also found myself neglecting the home front quite heavily.... Hence the sabbatical.... The reset allowed me to reflect on accomplishments, family/kids and I quickly realized i'd done enough, time to focus on the reason I got up in the morning and fought so hard; the wife and kids.

Will I be out of this market forever, probably not, but for the time being, I'm going to kick ass in my backyard with my small, "slow paced", activities and be around to watch my kids be all they can be! Once they're off, who knows!!??

...for what it's worth, I do miss you all as this world is fun as hell and keeps the creative juices flowing all day long!

Have a good one all!

Rocky
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

1 recommendation

voxframe

said by JGROCKY:

Will I be out of this market forever, probably not, but for the time being, I'm going to kick ass in my backyard with my small, "slow paced", activities and be around to watch my kids be all they can be! Once they're off, who knows!!??

One of the smartest things a person can do. It's so easy to get lost in the fast paced world of business and technology. I have two boys that are now 12 and 13. Time goes by so damn fast that you look back and question yourself if you did the right thing, or spent enough time, or stopped to think... etc.

I have always been of the thought that nothing comes above my kids/family. I hate those who put their business first, and applaud those who realize they need to change gears to slow down and appreciate what they have.

Hat off to ya Rocky for making a decision like this. I'm sure it hurt, and I'm sure you miss this world. I also have a feeling you'll be back hehehe.

BUT... For the time being, be there for them, enjoy the hugs, and kick ass. We'll be waiting for ya on the other side

JGROCKY
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY

Premium Member

Tx! Was definitely tough but has thus far shown to have been the right decision!

Rocky

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to MoreFaxes

to MoreFaxes
said by MoreFaxes:

Rocky gaining weight and opening a restaurant? That is a dangerous combo... I hope his weight is under better control.

Restaurant? All Rocky needs to do is open a Tim Hortons franchise near TSI and instant profit.

lleader
join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON

lleader

said by neuromancer1:

All Rocky needs to do is open a Tim Hortons franchise near TSI and instant profit.

He'd probably just comp everybody.
hockeynomad
join:2007-06-19
Mississauga, ON

hockeynomad to Nemo888

to Nemo888
Rocky will make a comeback someday, guaranteed.

JGROCKY
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY

Premium Member

LOL.... Who knows!

With all the copyright trolls and content hoarders around looking for a good old fashion spanking, how could one stay away forever! Hehehe....
Expand your moderator at work
hockeynomad
join:2007-06-19
Mississauga, ON

hockeynomad to Nemo888

to Nemo888

Re: How is Rocky doing?

I see Rocky as a consultant somewhere in this crystal ball.
Expand your moderator at work