spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NLemay

@oricom.ca
reply to NLemay

Re: [Other] Which VoIP providers with those features?

Hi!

Thank you for all your replies!

Here are some more information :
-I don't really care about Caller ID name. But my contacts need to see my phone number when I call them (or they wont answer). Skype, for instance, wouldn't be a solution.
-Of course, I did my homeworks, and they all seems to accept to port my phone number.
-I don't really care about entry fees. FPL, for instance, has a 75$ starting fee, but it is really cheap on the long run. I saw that porting a number on Anveo is cheaper than on Voip.ms, but they has a 911 fee. Those CallCenter and Voip.ms too? I found it hard to get the real price of each services, as there website are not really clear. They all give SIP configuration for free?

@PX Eliezer You are right, I'm not the best customer they can dream of But I already have FPL voip + cellphone + doing a lot of skype. I want to port a new number to VoIP because I don't want to lose it and I know that I wont use it often. This is why I don't really care about entry fees, but I don't want to pay on the long run. And did you check FreePhoneLine? They offer a free phone number with voicemail and callerID + most of canadian cities are free and low rates outside those free areas. But may be they wont be in business for long (they are powered by fongo)!

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by NLemay :

They all give SIP configuration for free?

Yes. Anveo, Voip.MS, and CallCentric are all bring-your-own-device services, all are totally SIP friendly.

[No one] charges for SIP configuration except some companies like freephoneline.ca which do it because their service is otherwise free.

911 fee status:
Anveo 80 cents, mandatory Canada/US per CRTC/FCC regs.
CallCentric 1.50, mandatory Canada/US per CRTC/FCC regs.
Voip.MS 1.50, not yet mandatory.

---------------------------

Voip.MS does have some support pages in French as legally required for a Quebec company. They also have a sales/information phone line in French, 1.866.914.5294

Go to
»wiki.voip.ms/article/Welcome
And click on: [Guides (Français)]

ymhee_bcex
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·PHONE POWER
·AT&T U-Verse
·VOIPO

said by PX Eliezer7:

[No one] charges for SIP configuration except some companies like freephoneline.ca which do it because their service is otherwise free.

Voicepulse charges $8 activation + $10/mo... just sayin'
»www.voicepulse.com/residential-f···as_5_7_0
--
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

That's the VoicePulse special softphone plan (which I agree is ridiculous) which is not their regular service and which very few people use:

The Softphone calling plan is a little different than our regular calling plans:

The plan includes 500 total minutes (local + long distance) for $7.99 activation and $9.99/month.

You must already have one line with a regular calling plan before signing up.

By contrast, freephoneline.ca charges nothing if you want to use their service with a softphone. You only pay the $ 50 if you want to use a device:

Already own a digital phone, digital home telephone
adapter, smartphone app, or other VoIP/SIP phone device?

Purchase the VoIP Unlock Key and instantly receive all credentials required (username and password, etc.) to configure and activate freephoneline on your device.

$50.00 one-time fee

Which I can't blame them for, as that's their only charge for calling to most of Canada's population.