The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to Webcobler

Re: Ultra HD at CES

said by Webcobler :

I sometimes wish that if I could be cryogenically frozen, then just wake me up when i can get a Ultra HD tv with several UHD channels to watch, Native 4k Bluray's to buy etc....

Personally I'd be more excited about seeing a cure for cancer or a huge reduction in poverty levels or eradication of cruelty to kids, or seeing my great great grand kids... etc. The next thing in TV is fun, sure but not something I'd want to be frozen so I could eventually see, lol. But hey, each to their own.

I don't think there's any argument that the new tech will come down in price. It's when, not if. But there are some limiting factors and diminishing returns at play as others have mentioned. Again, not everyone can physically accommodate a 100" screen (where this really comes in to it's own) but it is true that those that early adopt and overpay for the privilege will spur on price drops for those regular folks who want the higher tech even though they probably really don't need it. That's just how it works.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo