how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

septcasey

join:2006-09-07
United State

[Availability] Orange spray paint all over my neighborhood

A few days ago someone came to my neighborhood and spray painted orange lines and marks at every phone post and painted lines from each one to the next. I had given up hope of DSL ever coming here years ago, but now I want to know whats going on. I don't know who did it, but I assume AT&T because they service my area with phone service and have their logo on all the phone posts here. I don't know if they are about to install DSL or U-Verse or just doing some kind of routine wire replacement.

Does anyone know what I can do or who I can contact to find out what they are doing? I live in rural Washington Parish, LA so if anyone knows if AT&T is doing any upgrading to that area please let me know.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2

Painting means someone might be digging in the area soon, but that's all.

Where I live they paint more than one color as all the utilities are buried. There are different colors for water, sewer, phone, power, gas, cable TV, and electric.

septcasey

United State

Well our electricity is all above ground. We have no cable tv here. The phone, gas and water is all of course underground. My town is very quiet. We hardly ever have activity here related to business. I hope this is AT&T expanding Uverse here because everyone around us has it.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to septcasey

said by septcasey:

Does anyone know what I can do or who I can contact to find out what they are doing? I live in rural Washington Parish, LA so if anyone knows if AT&T is doing any upgrading to that area please let me know.

Should be permits on file with the local governing agency. I have seen such marks around here; often identifying the corporation the marks refer to.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to septcasey

FYI this is the standard color codeing for marking lines. These are the most common, there are others.

Orange: Communications (phone, cable TV, fiber, etc.)
Red: Electric
Blue: Water
Yellow: Gas
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

septcasey

United State

They marked all the phone lines with orange paint everywhere. I'll ask around and see what I can find.

ndt

join:2008-08-22
Picayune, MS
reply to septcasey

Go over to 148 Ave. B,that's the Central Office.The work center is in the back of the building.See if you can talk to one of the Guys there.

septcasey

United State

said by ndt:

Go over to 148 Ave. B,that's the Central Office.The work center is in the back of the building.See if you can talk to one of the Guys there.

Do they have an e-mail or phone number?

att tk

@wayport.net

I can assure you that an att tech is not going to know why your underground lines have been located so dont waste your time. you may try to contact the locating company to see what they say. although they may tell you its none of your business because they are locating in a utility easement and it is not your property.

ndt

join:2008-08-22
Picayune, MS
reply to septcasey

I don't know the number.I worked in the C.O.,but that was 12 years ago.