spc
Search similar:

uniqs
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

STB Motorola 7232 front display -- clock / channel

I have a 7232 STB and the front display seems to have a mind of it's own. I have it set to display the clock, but the STB shows both sporadically.

Sometimes it'll show the clock, sometimes the channel. You can also sit there and with the display switch back and forth with no pattern.

Anyone else seen this?

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint

Yup - Noticed the same thing from the day I got it. Can be kinda annoying since we rely on it as the clock in that room.
mikev
Premium Member
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA

mikev to buckweet1980

Premium Member

to buckweet1980
I've found that the front display on my 7232 will switch from time to channel number at the top and bottom of the hour (:00 and :30), then switch back after a minute or so. Haven't really paid attention at other times.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly

said by mikev:

I've found that the front display on my 7232 will switch from time to channel number at the top and bottom of the hour (:00 and :30), then switch back after a minute or so. Haven't really paid attention at other times.

That's it- same on mine
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829 to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
It briefly switches from clock to channel number whenever the show on the front tuner changes (not just :00 and :30, although that is most common because shows mostly start then). If you leave it on a channel like ESPN or (God help me) Sprout, when shows change frequently, you will see it much more often.

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig

Yea what knarf829 said. That is normal.

However I have seen it occasionally do it other times. When I have seen it I have tried to change the channel (from the box not the remote) and it will have a delay (longer than the usual delay). I suspect the box is resetting something causing the channel number to pop on. It usually happens in clusters for me over the course of a night. Then it wont do it for a while, Rinse repeat.
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

said by MagicalPig:

Yea what knarf829 said. That is normal.

However I have seen it occasionally do it other times. When I have seen it I have tried to change the channel (from the box not the remote) and it will have a delay (longer than the usual delay). I suspect the box is resetting something causing the channel number to pop on. It usually happens in clusters for me over the course of a night. Then it wont do it for a while, Rinse repeat.

I think this is actually what I've experienced.. I've had the box about 1.25 yr now and it's always done it..

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
FWIW, it does the same thing on a 6416. At unpredictable intervals, but always on a minute change, mine will switch from the clock display to the tuned channel and hold it until the next minute change occurs. Sometimes it will go for a long period between switches and sometimes it occurs every few minutes.

Mine didn't start doing it until a few firmware updates ago and I've had it since 2007.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829 to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
Wanted to update what I wrote. Apparently, it switches to displaying the channel number of the active tuner when the program playing on *either* tuner changes. Experimented today.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I've noticed this action too. It should be easy for Verizon to program the clock display to show only the clock when the set-top box is in standby. I really don't pay that much attention to the time when I'm watching TV.