join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

1 edit

1 recommendation

Pacrat to rockotman

MVM

to rockotman

Re: [NFL] Ray-Ray Retiring-Retiring?

As a "real Browns'" fan, I've hated the Ravens since Modell tried to blackmail the city of Cleveland into almost a free ride for a new stadium and all the parking and concession profits. Fuck 'em! Not that I think the new Browns are much of a football team... they're a poor excuse for an NFL franchise. Too many hirings and firings, dumbass draft choices, and trades that make no sense at all. I'm hoping the new ownership will deal with all that bullshit.

No matter who they play, even if it's the the Steelers, I root for them against the Ravens. Kinda like Notre Dame... I'll even root for Michigan against ND.

As for Ray-Ray... he shouldn't be retiring... he should be just about eligible for parole!!!

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-01
USA

Edge1

Premium Member

Well you certainly are old and cranky.

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

Lex Luthor to Pacrat

Mod

to Pacrat
said by Pacrat:

As for Ray-Ray... he shouldn't be retiring... he should be just about eligible for parole!!!

You could be right.

I saw this article the other day.
»www.usatoday.com/story/s ··· 1566198/

At best, he was a very wrong place at a very bad time.

As popular as he seems to be now, I wonder how many younger fans even know about this.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

If the Ravens get to the superbowl they will then know. Without Peyton being there and without Brady being there they will then be forced to zero in on Lewis....and for sure they will include that incident and the follow up him being charged and his testifying against his friends and his ditching his bloodied clothes which I believe were never found..

Hell, the NFL just might be so desperate for something to zero in on with their marquee players absent they might even go so far as to interview live some surviving relatives of those two guys who got knifed to death.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

said by sailor:

Hell, the NFL just might be so desperate for something to zero in on with their marquee players absent they might even go so far as to interview live some surviving relatives of those two guys who got knifed to death.

Are you kidding? The last thing Darth Goodell wants is the story of a thug player involved in a murder cover-up coming back up to the surface, especially given the "emotional" side of the story relating to the "conquering hero fading into the sunset".

"I find your lack of faith in the NFL disturbing"

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
USA

Edge1

Premium Member

*sigh*

Ben Roethlisberger, rapist.

Really, do we have to go there?

On second thought no, no we don't. I'm done here.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to rockotman

Premium Member

to rockotman
said by rockotman:

Darth Goodell...
"I find your lack of faith in the NFL disturbing"

That was a good one.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

rockotman to Edge1

Premium Member

to Edge1
said by Edge1:

*sigh*

Ben Roethlisberger, rapist.

Really, do we have to go there?

On second thought no, no we don't. I'm done here.

It was not said as a slur against ray-ray. It was said as an assessment of how I imagine the NFL would prefer to handle the situation.

I don't know if he was involved or not. If he was and got away with it, then shame on him and shame on the justice system. If he was not, then shame on those who seek to vilify him.

That is in the past.

Sorry if you were offended. It was not my intent.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
USA

Edge1

Premium Member

Hey man, I appreciate it, it just gets hard when all you want to do is root for a damn football team and recognize a great NFL player.

Also, as someone else put it, if Ray had direct involvement in the death of two men then he is gonna have to deal with it, not me. I root for the Baltimore Ravens football team, nothing more. I'm not his fucking defense council. Too much armchair kneejerk judgment in the world today. Uninformed morons posting bullshit online.

Also I see the intent of your post now, basically attacking Goodell and "the system" which, hell, I don't know much about. All I know is Bernard Pollard is getting screwed every time he hits an opposing WR/TE

Anyway, guess I had to get that off my chest. People hate Ray Lewis? I have no problem with that, I understand it.