acadielPress fire to beginPremium
reply to acadiel
Re: Best way to move around partitions in ML? Here's what I wound up doing just in case anyone was following this....
1) Cloned the 40GB worth of 10.6.8 to an external folder with CCC (just in case)
2) Used Windows Backup to backup the Windows 7 system to an external drive
3) Told 10.6.8 Boot Camp wizard to delete the Boot Camp partition.
4) Recreated the Boot Camp partition with the wizard at 55GB. This made the Macintosh HD to ~ 440GB (which is what I wanted).
5) This is the funky part. I couldn't use my "Windows 7 rescue CD" to restore the hard drive because it wanted to wipe all the partitions. Solution: Use Acronis True Image 2013 (booted from its CD) and it recognizes Windows Backup .vhd files! Restored successfully to the 55GB partition.
6) Booted from the Windows 7 rescue CD to "repair" the Window 7 installation (which updated something relating to the boot of the OS)
7) Profit! (Well, not really, but it worked.)