Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

retrogame

join:2003-04-14
Auburn, MA
reply to PX Eliezer7

Re: GrandStream HT-702 pulse/rotary dialing

The reason I'm asking about the 704 is because it's cheaper and fulfilled by Amazon so it gets free shipping. It also doesn't have an unneeded router built into it that I just have to disable. I have a gift card on my Amazon account that I was going to use for it. Right now I'm using a Linksys RT31P through Freeswitch via VOIP.MS, which doesn't support rotary directly (amazingly my bluetooth gateway for my cell phone does and so does the Arris modem for Charter).

I'd rather stay away from the pulse converters due to cost if there is another alternative. I was just hoping someone had tried this, since that's how the 504 was discovered to support pulse.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

This page from a burglar alarm company implies that the 701 does support pulse dialing (being relevant to the alarm business).

....the HT701 is the model of choice for the majority of our Customers....

One big advantage that the Grandstream devices have over others is that they support Pulse Dialing....

»www.ouralarm.com/grandstream.html

Maybe Grandstream themselves can tell you....

retrogame

join:2003-04-14
Auburn, MA

Based on the 701 information, I decided to give it a shot. I ordered the 702 from Amazon. I'll update once I get it and configure it to replace the RT31.