share rss forum feed

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
reply to NotTheMama

Re: Pirates crap

You forgot the most popular group :
(c) Those who don't give a fuck and download everything.

(because it's the case of A LOT of people in (a). Many are interested in the product and would have bought it if piracy wasn't an option. )

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
Your (c) group is just a sub-group of (a)--people with nothing better to do and believe that he with the most by the time he dies wins (wins what I don't know, but I don't really care either). The percentage who pirate as an alternative to buying isn't even significant. By and large people believe in paying a fair price for something when they're allowed to.
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
said by NotTheMama:

Your (c) group is just a sub-group of (a)--people with nothing better to do and believe that he with the most by the time he dies wins (wins what I don't know, but I don't really care either). The percentage who pirate as an alternative to buying isn't even significant. By and large people believe in paying a fair price for something when they're allowed to.

Well... IMO, group A could be separated into 2 groups, and they're different enough to not be considered sub groups.

Like I already said :
- Those won't don't give a fuck. (May or may not have the money to buy)

The other group would be :
- Those you would buy it but don't have the money. (like students or people with low income). These guys may start buying your stuff legally once they get a good job.