join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to footballdude

Re: [NFL] Conference Championship Weekend Discussion

said by footballdude:

said by Draiman:

Unless you're one of those people who cry when your team loses and don't watch anymore.

When my team loses I don't root for anyone. I root against the teams and people I don't like.

Must be the German in me.

It's natural to root against rivals or a team you don't like. There's people who love football and people who love their team in the end. Lots of people only watch their team but for me a good football game is what I look for. Even if my team is playing if the game sucks I flip over to a better game.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

said by Draiman:

if the game sucks I flip over to a better game.

One word.
REDZONE
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards

I'm not a smug Pats fan. I know we are on a high. I remember when the Bills, Dolphins and Jets were better. I remember the days of "Also-Ran-Patsies".

Brady/Belichick won't last forever. I know that. NE is fortunate to have a sweet pretty boy QB with an arm and play that beats your team. NE has a Coach that will kick your ass in Chess or Checkers.

I love the Hatriots. We feed on that stuff.
"Hey Stabby, we're gonna retire you".

"Cheatriots"? Sorry, that's a poor excuse. Your coach couldn't make plays with the opponents play-book.. Oh, by the way, your coach was getting "illegal" film too. That jerk-off from the Jest blew the whistle because they were losing. And are STILL losing.

Pats 4,538, Balt -4

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by Draiman:

One word.
REDZONE

Seven Words: That only works during the regular season.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rockotman:

said by footballdude:

said by Draiman:

One word.
REDZONE

And it doesn't give you a true football experience even then. Highlights are great if your a highlight fan. For those of us who are football fans they watch good GAMES.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

This isn't the Belichick way!

"Boston billboard is counting down the moments to the big buh-bye for Ray Lewis."
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···nt-party

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

said by footballdude:

said by Draiman:

One word.
REDZONE

During the playoffs you can't switch over to another game.
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

And it doesn't give you a true football experience even then. Highlights are great if your a highlight fan. For those of us who are football fans they watch good GAMES.

Redzone isn't a highlight show. I know what's happening in all games at the same time. Since there are no commercials, there's plenty of time to keep every game updated.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

"NFL REDZONE

Catch every touchdown from every game, Sunday afternoons on NFL RedZone. Including, live look-ins and highlights in HD, plus up-to-the-minute fantasy stats, highlights and more."

Knowing what's happening is great but it's still select snippets of various games aka highlights.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

Hopefully Vince Wilcock and Gonk are ready for Ray Lewis and the Ravens this week-end!
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···and-gonk
--

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

During the playoffs you can't switch over to another game.

That was my point!

I love RZ. If I am not watching the Stillers game, I have RZ on.
--

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

"NFL REDZONE

Catch every touchdown from every game, Sunday afternoons on NFL RedZone. Including, live look-ins and highlights in HD, plus up-to-the-minute fantasy stats, highlights and more."

Knowing what's happening is great but it's still select snippets of various games aka highlights.

It's far better than watching some boring game that the networks deemed your area wanted to see. The coverage bounces around from game to game live, using the Fox and CBS feeds. Generally, they will focus on games where a team is in the red zone, hence the name. And if there are multiple games in such a situation, they will go split or multiple screen.

Also, if there are multiple tight or important games going on simultaneously that are in the last quarter, they will often alternate between the games in real-time, using split screens when necessary.

It certainly is more interesting to watch a close, hotly contested match when the only game available in your area at the time is a 35-7 blow-out between Denver and Jacksonville.
--

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rockotman:

Generally, they will focus on games where a team is in the red zone, hence the name. And if there are multiple games in such a situation, they will go split or multiple screen.

That sucks! Get NFL Sunday Ticket and watch whatever game you want.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

Not available on my cable system. Besides, NFLRZ is available on my cable company an no additional cost, whereas DirectTV wants an arm and a leg.

So...

No thank you.
--

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
reply to Moorecards

It's barely a days work for me. I spend the money on it every year as it's well worth it to me. I only have DirectTV for Sunday Ticket. We use FIOS for everything else.

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards

SI taps/jinxes Joe Flacco with cover
Posted by Julian Benbow, Globe Staff January 16, 2013 12:59 PM

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Having a 70-yard prayer of a pass answered at the last minute of regulation to leave Peyton Manning's Broncos schell-shocked was enough to land Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.

Of course, there's always a question about whether or not that's a good thing.

Thanks SI!

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by capecoddah:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Having a 70-yard prayer of a pass answered at the last minute of regulation to leave Peyton Manning's Broncos schell-shocked was enough to land Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.

Thanks SI!

Is there an SI curse?
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

I have a feelin'. Patriots are going to lose.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

said by I AM:

I have a feelin'. Patriots are going to lose.

Well the Ravens went into Denver a 9+ underdog and beat Denver....

Now on to Foxboro as another 9 point underdog..

I say take the points and go with the Ravens....

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 edit

I would hesitate to to take the points and go with the Ravens. The NE Patriots are a much improved team from the last time the Ravens played them. I can't see a scenario where the Ravens can stop Brady and all his weapons. NE even has a running game. I see a blowout.

I'm hoping SF beats Atlanta cause I can't see Atlanta beating NE in the SB. However, I am skeptical of Colin Kaepernick. The last time I saw him play the Seahawks at Seattle (I was at the game), he looked thoroughly confused. He is still a rookie.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

What's more likely for Kaepernick? 2 awesome games for a new starting QB in the playoffs or 1 hot game and 1 so so game? I'd take the latter. But I'm hoping ATL loses just so I can rub it in to the friends back home down there who are starting to plan a trip to NO to tailgate.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I'm looking for him to get hurt one of these runs(I don't mean i'm cheering it on). Most running quarterbacks eventually run into someone and he has been lucky so far.Vick hasn't and neither has RGIII.I can't see him continuing to roam and run at will.Someone is going to eventually stop him.
I wonder if there will ever be rules changes to help the defense as much as there have been changes to help the offense.

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

I would hesitate to to take the points and go with the Ravens. The NE Patriots are a much improved team from the last time the Ravens played them. I can't see a scenario where the Ravens can stop Brady and all his weapons. NE even has a running game. I see a blowout.

I was very impressed watching the Patriots last week ( one of the few games I watched all season ) but I just have a feeling tomorrow won't come down to who is the better or most talented team.

Brady the first half last week was on fire as if he was telling Gronkowski its ok buddy we'll be ok without you...but this week I feel they will miss him a lot..

As for the Ravens, I am feeling the Ray Lewis factor...the Ravens defense might just play over their heads and rattle Brady.....and I also feel Flacco is feeling very at ease and confident....

You say a blowout and you could very well be right but I feel a this very moment that the Ravens with 9 points is a gift....

Whoever prevails let's just hope its a good clean game with nobody getting hurt.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

said by capecoddah:

Thanks SI!

Is there an SI curse?

Ask Da Bears, Da Bulls, Da White Sux AND The Cubs about the SI curse.

Then, get back to me.
--
Hopefully the Ministry Of Truth and Thought Police can sort this whole thing out.
»twitter.com/Bink63
»www.legacypcs.com
Frank Shoemaker would call this noise
GO Cubs GO!!!

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to Fishead1

said by Fishead1:

I'm looking for him to get hurt one of these runs(I don't mean i'm cheering it on). Most running quarterbacks eventually run into someone and he has been lucky so far.Vick hasn't and neither has RGIII.I can't see him continuing to roam and run at will.Someone is going to eventually stop him.
I wonder if there will ever be rules changes to help the defense as much as there have been changes to help the offense.

Harbaugh doesn't care if he gets hurt so long as SF wins the SB. After that its back to Alex Smith.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Moorecards

SF can't seem to get their ground game going. And they can't seem to stop Atlanta's passing game. But they are right in the game coming up to halftime, only down by 3. Both teams depending on the pass to get anywhere.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by FFH:

SF can't seem to get their ground game going. And they can't seem to stop Atlanta's passing game. But they are right in the game coming up to halftime, only down by 3. Both teams depending on the pass to get anywhere.

Atlanta receivers Jones & White are destroying the SF secondary. And Atlanta goes right down the field and scores another TD right before the half - up now 24-14 at halftime.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

said by FFH:

said by FFH:

Atlanta receivers Jones & White are destroying the SF secondary.

That was a impressive drive by Atlanta

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards

First half spread was SF by 3

sailor
Premium
Long Island