share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to capdjq

Re: [NFL] Conference Championship Weekend Discussion

What's more likely for Kaepernick? 2 awesome games for a new starting QB in the playoffs or 1 hot game and 1 so so game? I'd take the latter. But I'm hoping ATL loses just so I can rub it in to the friends back home down there who are starting to plan a trip to NO to tailgate.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I'm looking for him to get hurt one of these runs(I don't mean i'm cheering it on). Most running quarterbacks eventually run into someone and he has been lucky so far.Vick hasn't and neither has RGIII.I can't see him continuing to roam and run at will.Someone is going to eventually stop him.
I wonder if there will ever be rules changes to help the defense as much as there have been changes to help the offense.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:

I would hesitate to to take the points and go with the Ravens. The NE Patriots are a much improved team from the last time the Ravens played them. I can't see a scenario where the Ravens can stop Brady and all his weapons. NE even has a running game. I see a blowout.

I was very impressed watching the Patriots last week ( one of the few games I watched all season ) but I just have a feeling tomorrow won't come down to who is the better or most talented team.

Brady the first half last week was on fire as if he was telling Gronkowski its ok buddy we'll be ok without you...but this week I feel they will miss him a lot..

As for the Ravens, I am feeling the Ray Lewis factor...the Ravens defense might just play over their heads and rattle Brady.....and I also feel Flacco is feeling very at ease and confident....

You say a blowout and you could very well be right but I feel a this very moment that the Ravens with 9 points is a gift....

Whoever prevails let's just hope its a good clean game with nobody getting hurt.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
reply to Draiman
said by Draiman:

said by capecoddah:

SI taps/jinxes Joe Flacco with cover
Posted by Julian Benbow, Globe Staff January 16, 2013 12:59 PM

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Having a 70-yard prayer of a pass answered at the last minute of regulation to leave Peyton Manning's Broncos schell-shocked was enough to land Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.

Of course, there's always a question about whether or not that's a good thing.

Thanks SI!

Is there an SI curse?

Ask Da Bears, Da Bulls, Da White Sux AND The Cubs about the SI curse.

Then, get back to me.
--
Hopefully the Ministry Of Truth and Thought Police can sort this whole thing out.
»twitter.com/Bink63
»www.legacypcs.com
Frank Shoemaker would call this noise
GO Cubs GO!!!

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

I'm looking for him to get hurt one of these runs(I don't mean i'm cheering it on). Most running quarterbacks eventually run into someone and he has been lucky so far.Vick hasn't and neither has RGIII.I can't see him continuing to roam and run at will.Someone is going to eventually stop him.
I wonder if there will ever be rules changes to help the defense as much as there have been changes to help the offense.

Harbaugh doesn't care if he gets hurt so long as SF wins the SB. After that its back to Alex Smith.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Moorecards
SF can't seem to get their ground game going. And they can't seem to stop Atlanta's passing game. But they are right in the game coming up to halftime, only down by 3. Both teams depending on the pass to get anywhere.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by FFH5:

SF can't seem to get their ground game going. And they can't seem to stop Atlanta's passing game. But they are right in the game coming up to halftime, only down by 3. Both teams depending on the pass to get anywhere.

Atlanta receivers Jones & White are destroying the SF secondary. And Atlanta goes right down the field and scores another TD right before the half - up now 24-14 at halftime.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
said by FFH5:

said by FFH5:

Atlanta receivers Jones & White are destroying the SF secondary.

That was a impressive drive by Atlanta

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards
First half spread was SF by 3

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
I say its going to be a A-B Superbowl

Atlanta and Baltimore.

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
said by sailor:

I say its going to be a A-B Superbowl

Atlanta and Baltimore.

Nope.
Roger Goodell was at Bob Kraft's house last night.

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
Huge turnover.....after getting all the time in the world to throw throughout the game Matt Ryan just now throws a crucial interception.

Moorecards

Martinsburg, WV
reply to Moorecards
and the dreaded .. "THUNK"

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards
This is a good game.

So far the playoffs this year have been very entertaining.

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
Wow!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to rockotman
Wow...turnovers at the goal line never end up well.

Oh, and what a game for both Vernon Davis and Julio Jones.

This is gonna be one hell of a 4th quarter. I'm sure David Akers is praying it doesn't come down to him.

Edit: there was that one fumble by The Bus that kinda worked out for the Steelers.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
49'ers playing tough....which team wants it more?

sailor
Premium
Long Island

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards
Nice play calling on this 49'er drive ending with a TD..

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards
I liked the dance and wave off TD celebration.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to shaner
said by shaner:

Edit: there was that one fumble by The Bus that kinda worked out for the Steelers.

But that was because the juicer kicker for the Colts choked.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

rolfp

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

1 recommendation

reply to sailor
All things considered, the kid's doing pretty well dealing with the crowd noise and the play clock at his new job.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to sailor
said by sailor:

which team wants it more?

Both team wants it a lot. I think in close games it can come down to:
a) who has the last meaningful possession
b) who can play mistake free in the last few minutes (Seattle and Denver, [my SB picks before the last round] couldn't )
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Moorecards

Martinsburg, WV
reply to Moorecards
over all, this years playoffs has been one of the best in years ...

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to rolfp
said by rolfp:

All things considered, the kid's doing pretty well dealing with the crowd noise and the play clock at his new job.

Absolutely...

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
Looks to me 4th down for the Falcons

sailor
Premium
Long Island
said by sailor:

Looks to me 4th down for the Falcons

Fool!

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Moorecards
That call was worth seeing the Harbaugh sideline whinefest!

Moorecards

Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
said by rockotman:

That call was worth seeing the Harbaugh sideline whinefest!

that's the truth lol

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to Moorecards
What a game. Another game in the postseason right down to the last minute. If SF can run out the clock, a great comeback after being down 17-0.

sailor
Premium
Long Island
reply to Moorecards
I could care less who wins but with that said they should have thrown a flag on that last play...he was holding all over the receiver.

Or am I seeing things?