spc
uniqs
Frankweii
join:2013-01-08
Fortville, IN

Frankweii to billaustin

to billaustin

Re: [Embarq] Modem-Router

Hi again Mr Bill, thanks for info so far, I purchased a Netgear N330 Wireless router, so ready to tackle task ahead, see if I got this right, First I have to set the EQ-660HW to bridge mode and then configure the new modem with a firmware update,then enter the original SSID and password from EQ-660HW into the Netgear and disable the DHCP on the Netgear, and to do this I hook up a cable to wall outlet and to the internet outlet of Netgear and a cable from lan port to the computer to change and update. after that is accomplished I disconnect computer and switch cable from the wall out of internet port to lan port and every thing should be ready to go.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

Since you're adding the new router as a second access point to extend coverage, leave the 660HW in routing mode.

Update the firmware on the new router first, then set the SSID and security key, give it a fixed LAN IP, then disable DHCP, then connect behind the TV.

You'll want to set the LAN IP to a static number like .3 or .253 so you can reach it later to make any updates. This should be on the same page where you disable DHCP. The default will be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Set it in the same range as on the current LAN, just change the digit after the last decimal.