I have had Qwest 1.5mbps ADSL for many years. My SpeedStream 5861 modem-router has worked flawlessly from the beginning. I connects using PPP over ATM (VC Multiplexing).
CenturyLink will TOMORROW upgrade me to VDSL2.
In preparation they dropped off a new Actiontec C1000A. I have confirmed it has the latest firmware!
I have a lot of equipment behind the DSL modem so the intent for the C1000A was to run it in Bridge Mode and let my other router (Linksys E3000) do all the WiFi and routing.
So it was suggested to install the C1000A on the current ADSL line and get it working. Then the transition to the VDSL2 TOMORROW should simply be a reboot (assuming auto detect on the WAN).
I have spent 2 days trying to get this C1000A to work. In doing so I have discovered MANY BUGS in this device, some just astounding!
I'm flabergasted that Qwest/CenturyLink has used this device for a long time yet it has so many problems.
Here are just a few BUGS:
1. The hardware reset button does NOT fully reset to the factory defaults.
2. Using firefox to access its web page shows a non-graphic text only web page for the device login BUT its title is Actiontec M1000 and not C1000A. Once executing this strange login page it does go to the graphic C1000A main page. IE doesn't do this. (see atrtached pdf)
3. Many pages don't have proper English sentences.
4. Configured for normal routing and acting as a DHCP server starting at 10.0.0.2, it hands out to my laptop an address of 10.168.0.2 (see attached jpg and pdf).
5. If I use the web interface and do a factory reset and then only set the WAN mode to Transparent Bridging I can't get the Linksys E3000 set to PPPoE with proper Qwest credentials to connect at all. CenturyLink says this is how it is supposed to be done.
I have attached the C1000A DSL status when connected as a modem-router for info.
Q1. How does one report these serious bugs to CenturyLink?
Q2. How do I get the C1000A and E3000 to operate on Bridged Mode under the ADSL?
Q3. TOMORROW How do I get the C1000A and E3000 to operate on Bridged Mode under the VDSL2?
thanks for any help.