spc
Search similar:

uniqs
KK2011
join:2011-05-27
Saint Matthews, SC

KK2011

Need advise on what to do....

I think everyone knows from the multiple posts in our area how bad Windstream is for us - Problems is, I don't have another choice for ISP and I work from home. I depend on download/uploading jobs most of the day and for the past year and a half, it is affecting my job now. Is there anything legally that we can do - We are suppose to get 3 Mb and on a good day we get maybe 1 Mb. We have pretty much shut down any fun activities on the internet as far as games, Netflix, etc. Those are secondary to me and yes, I would love to be able to enjoy those but most of all I'm concerned with how it's affecting my job. If we could get a petition going? or anything? I'm really tired of the broken promises and the made up "time of completion" dates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! If you need to know how bad it is, just read Bodybagger's posts!
malianx
join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX

malianx

You can try contacting the support staff in the 'Direct' forum. But chances are you'll just get "We don't know." or a repair date that will turn out to be a lie.

If there's no competition in your town, you have no choice, you need to either take what WS gives you, or give up the net.

I'm in the same position as you, I work from home and require the net during business hours, and I don't get even 1mbit, with disconnects twice an hour all day long.

And no, sorry there is no legal recourse, the Terms of Use specifically spells out that they promise no speed, or error free service.

EDIT: For the record, I'm posting on this forum using dialup now. Its far more stable than the windstream dsl, and at least allows me to check my email.
iammike2400
join:2005-06-28
Dawsonville, GA

iammike2400

Other than dial up there is the option of hughesnet; internet by satellite. But the services is expensive.
ACW
join:2013-01-10

ACW

It also appears that you are limited on how much you can use your connection.
NW_AR
join:2010-02-16
Fayetteville, AR

NW_AR to KK2011

to KK2011
I'm in the same situation. I'm just giving up and moving into town this year. When you choose to live rural your kind of stuck with limited choices, just how it is.