join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ

celeritypc to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4

Re: Question about an old comcast analog box

Remember this?
said by mikedz4:

she could always put it away somewhere to show her grandkids what kind of box they used to use.

wdsnls
join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL

wdsnls

Yes, had it when I lived on Long Island with Cablevision back in the '80's! It had the switch on the left to select the row of channels and the fine tuning wheel on the right.

PGHammer
join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

PGHammer to celeritypc

to celeritypc
Kee-ripes - that IS old.

They weren't unique to Comcast - I've seen them here in Prince George's (this used to be Metrovision of Prince George's County, before being acquired by Jones Intercable, which was itself acquired by Comcast and became part of the Beltway Region - Metrovision used those old JERROLD boxes as well as Comcast of the Delaware Valley); I'm honestly surprised it's not grown mold - Clorox?

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ

celeritypc

Premium Member

Actually, this is the first box we had when we had cable installed in 1976 and the company was still called Suburban Cablevision.
said by PGHammer:

Kee-ripes - that IS old.

They weren't unique to Comcast - I've seen them here in Prince George's (this used to be Metrovision of Prince George's County, before being acquired by Jones Intercable, which was itself acquired by Comcast and became part of the Beltway Region - Metrovision used those old JERROLD boxes as well as Comcast of the Delaware Valley); I'm honestly surprised it's not grown mold - Clorox?