spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

[Extreme] Extreme 30 down 10 up 500 Gigs Bandwidth $51.99

I think this has been talked about before, but if we are ever going to win the war on Terrorist then we need to anger the troops!

I mean come on this is in a location where the cost of even setting up the infrastructure would actually cost more...

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

I saw this and called Rogers and complained (Ontario User here)

They made me an offer I could not refuse:

Extreme package with a 25% discount (already had this), and an additional 80GB usage allowance at no charge (offer good for 8 years, on a 1 year term)
jonase
join:2010-12-15

jonase

They offer everyone this right now. Unfortunately it is not even close to the offer in the original post.

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

Are you sure? Rep told me it was a new promo only activated past couple of days... But yes anyone should be able to get it..

Although it is not as good as what they are getting in NB, it is enough to keep me from going to a wholesaler (TSI package is approx same cost, less speed but 100 GB more)

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

2 edits

dabonz7 to TechChime

to TechChime
yeah WTF is that?? I'm on a higher package The Ultimate for just only 250GB of data allowance rogers cant get there shit together

Was on the phone with them and they say its a diffrent coverage package but wait they hike the $3 prices all across Canada tho no problem with that man this is unfair
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

Are you sure? Rep told me it was a new promo only activated past couple of days... But yes anyone should be able to get it..

I got the same thing in December. Extreme with discount + 80 GB extra at no cost. It is also for 8 months but there's no 1 year contract. It's around $52/month but I haven't had a bill yet since I switched. During December they were offering an Express and Extreme version of this deal. In both cases you get discounted price + 80 extra GB. See this link:

»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· guage=en

Scroll down to where it says "Need lots of data?". It's only showing the Express version but when I called I was told about the Extreme version so I went with that one. That deal expired December 31 but it would appear they continue to offer the same thing, just with a different name (ie. now it's not a holiday/Christmas sale).

Here's the original post on this site about it:

»Rogers XMas Whatever

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

I hope I am not confused about what he told me: He said the deal is good for 8 years, but will expire in a year unless I call (nothing new there)

Maybe the deal is (slightly) different than what was advertised in December.

I better call in 8 months to be on the safe side.
jonase
join:2010-12-15

jonase

As far as I understood, there is NO term (i.e. can cancel anytime), price is guaranteed for 8 years, modem rental included.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by jonase:

As far as I understood, there is NO term (i.e. can cancel anytime), price is guaranteed for 8 years, modem rental included.

Yep that does exist for both Express and Extreme tiers and it's nationwide. I believe its only for existing TV and/or home phone customers who don't have Rogers internet yet though.

Beermage
@rogers.com

Beermage to dabonz7

Anon

to dabonz7
said by dabonz7:

yeah WTF is that?? I'm on a higher package The Ultimate for just only 250GB of data allowance rogers cant get there shit together

Was on the phone with them and they say its a diffrent coverage package but wait they hike the $3 prices all across Canada tho no problem with that man this is unfair

The $3 increase on all Internet packages are only for Ontario customers. It doesn't apply to customers in New Brunswick, Newfoundland or Quebec.
Beermage

Beermage to biznatch11

Anon

to biznatch11
said by biznatch11:

said by RLBL:

I got the same thing in December. Extreme with discount + 80 GB extra at no cost. It is also for 8 months but there's no 1 year contract. It's around $52/month but I haven't had a bill yet since I switched. During December they were offering an Express and Extreme version of this deal. In both cases you get discounted price + 80 extra GB. See this link:

Scroll down to where it says "Need lots of data?". It's only showing the Express version but when I called I was told about the Extreme version so I went with that one. That deal expired December 31 but it would appear they continue to offer the same thing, just with a different name (ie. now it's not a holiday/Christmas sale).

»Rogers XMas Whatever

The December promotion you were offered is now expired.

The new Extreme with 80GB Usage Assurance promotion is $45/month. With this promotion you get 200GB per month and free modem rental for 8 years.

I was under the impression this was only for new customers.
TechChime
Barrie, ON

TechChime

I rather pay $60 even hell $100 even for 500gig cap but mainly for the 10 up and a bit more down would be nice.. I think it's a joke now that I'm on a $122 package and get 250gigs of bandwidth...

Anyway's, Hopefully this info on the main post will help you guys get some discounts. For me they just say sorry our dropdown box has no discounts for your service. Would you like to downgrade to a package with less Bandwidth and less upload speed

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL to jonase

to jonase
Did you find a link on the Rogers site detailing the new extreme promotion? I believe I am paying for my modem rental...
RLBL

RLBL

said by RLBL:

Did you find a link on the Rogers site detailing the new extreme promotion? I believe I am paying for my modem rental...

I should add it is $52 that includes the rental for extreme

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla to TechChime

to TechChime
You don't have to move the the rock. This offer is also available for New Brunswick.

Still a crappy deal. Considering I get an unlimited 50/30 connection for bit less from BellAliant.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by jonase:

Yep that does exist for both Express and Extreme tiers and it's nationwide. I believe its only for existing TV and/or home phone customers who don't have Rogers internet yet though.

So if you have internet with Rogers you have to go and screw yourself? Thanks, Rogers!
TechChime
Barrie, ON

TechChime to habskilla

to habskilla
said by habskilla:

You don't have to move the the rock. This offer is also available for New Brunswick.

Still a crappy deal. Considering I get an unlimited 50/30 connection for bit less from BellAliant.

Yup and you should make a post on the Bell forum like I did and show people in Ontario how their being screwed. We in Ontario only get 250 gigs on the highest packages. I made this thread to provide awareness what our brothers to the east get!
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

I hope I am not confused about what he told me: He said the deal is good for 8 years, but will expire in a year unless I call (nothing new there)

Are you sure he said years? Or maybe he said years but meant months. I can't imagine any ISP offering any kind of deal that lasts that long. Anyways, the speeds and caps on that deal will probably seem horribly slow and low in a lot less than 8 years.
biznatch11

biznatch11 to Beermage

to Beermage
said by Beermage :

said by biznatch11:

»Rogers XMas Whatever

The December promotion you were offered is now expired.

The new Extreme with 80GB Usage Assurance promotion is $45/month. With this promotion you get 200GB per month and free modem rental for 8 years.

I was under the impression this was only for new customers.

I know it's expired I said that in my original post. But the deal looks the exact same, $45.99, 200 GB, free modem rental. The only difference is the old deal was for 8 months while the new one is (apparently) for 8 years, but I am wondering if they meant 8 months. 8 years is a crazy long time for an ISP to offer something for. Has this 8 years been confirmed by more than once person, or is it in writing somewhere?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

The new promo is definitely for 8 years and I believe it comes with 300 GB not 200. It's no contract, so if Rogers screws up you can bail out with no ECF.
mark_in_2k
join:2007-02-11
Kitchener, ON

mark_in_2k

I'm a new Rogers customers and just signed up for the 35mbps 200GB $45 / mnth promo.

It's been confirmed that it's 200GB and the price is good for 8 years, but there's no contract.

Installation for me is Jan 19th.

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by mark_in_2k:

I'm a new Rogers customers and just signed up for the 35mbps 200GB $45 / mnth promo.

It's been confirmed that it's 200GB and the price is good for 8 years, but there's no contract.

Yes I was told: the price is good for 8 years, but you have to call every year to renew it.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by RLBL:

said by mark_in_2k:

Yes I was told: the price is good for 8 years, but you have to call every year to renew it.

Is any of this true? Has it been confirmed for Ontario? What is the upload speed? 35/what? Will it apply to current customers? Can I upgrade from my 25/2 and get this deal?

We all know Rogers CSRs aint got a clue about packages and pricing...........So let's get this verified and in the books for everyone to see......Thanks
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elitefx:

said by RLBL:

said by mark_in_2k:

Is any of this true? Has it been confirmed for Ontario? What is the upload speed? 35/what? Will it apply to current customers? Can I upgrade from my 25/2 and get this deal?

We all know Rogers CSRs aint got a clue about packages and pricing...........So let's get this verified and in the books for everyone to see......Thanks

It's all true and it's available in the entire footprint, but existing customers don't qualify.

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent to TechChime

to TechChime
Ok this will anger the troops...

I realize this is about wireless pricing, but here's a snippet from a recent article where Ken Engelhart of Rogers says...

"Developing a National Consumer Wireless Code is about ensuring transparency, clarity and predictability for all Canadians by replacing the current patchwork of provincial legislation with one strong consumer protection standard," said Ken Engelhart, SVP, Regulatory. "Consumers should feel confident that they will be treated fairly and equitably, whether they live in Calgary or Charlottetown, London or Laval."

Source Article: »www.newswire.ca/en/story ··· to-coast

I guess our confidence in being treated equitably doesn't matter if it's Internet that you're purchasing from Rogers.

RLBL
Gloucester, ON

RLBL to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

It's all true and it's available in the entire footprint, but existing customers don't qualify.

I was an existing customer and I still got the deal when I called...
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

8 years...? You mean 8 months right? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. With Rogers, if it's too good to be true, it never is.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by geokilla:

8 years...? You mean 8 months right? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. With Rogers, if it's too good to be true, it never is.

It is 8 years, and if its not there's no contract so you can simply leave if Rogers doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla

said by yyzlhr:

said by geokilla:

It is 8 years, and if its not there's no contract so you can simply leave if Rogers doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

Not if you live in NB. In NB you have to pay ETF fees. There is no get out of jail free card.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by habskilla:

said by yyzlhr:

said by geokilla:

Not if you live in NB. In NB you have to pay ETF fees. There is no get out of jail free card.

The promotion is nationwide, and it is offered specifically with a no ECF clause.