how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

1 edit

[FireFox] Downloading/Installing OFFLINE Java updates for Firefo

Is this the correct place to download and install OFFLINE Java updates for Firefox too?

»www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/···261.html

And after installing it from that location, will this automatically place the Java Plugins into the Add-Ons section in Firefox?

I DO NOT want to install it directly within the browser. Only I would first save the offline setup file to my PC locally, and then run the setup from there. But will this AUTOMATICALLY place the Java plugin onto the Add-Ons section in Firefox?

Running Win7 X86.

Thanks in advance.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Re: [FireFox] Downloading/Installing OFFLINE Java updates for Fi

Yep that's the place to get Java 7 Update 11 for offline installs.

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

Thanks, but my second question was, that after the installation, will the Java Plugin be automatically appear in the Add-Ons section?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Yep it should. It always has in my case.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to slajoh01

As kickass69 See Profile has already said, that is the best place to get the latest Java Updates, and be able to download the actual offline install files for any platform.

You can also use this site as well

»www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

However, there is sometimes a bit of a delay for the new versions to be posted to my link. I'm not sure on the exact delay (hours, days, etc), but you can also get them from there.

I have always gotten them from my link (did not know about the other one until kickass69 See Profile pointed it out to me). However, if I know there is a new version, and the actual Java site does not list it, I'll go check Oracle's site, and get them.

It really depends on how fast you want the updates. But, both sites will fit your needs.

I've also never had a case where I would install Java, and the plug-ins did not show up inside of Firefox.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail